Software Updates

Hi fellas
Running openatv 6.1 on my duo2. Updated the box with latest drivers 20/02/18.
Everything upto date yesterday. Checked the software updates tonight and there are 74 updates.
My question is...am i supposed to update all 74 in one go? If so how?
Or individually?
Finally, how am i to know what update is needed and important and which is not.
There is no explanation or desription of what each does and im not aware of a guide for software updates.
Cheers for any replies and advice.

topic covered my times before have a search

you cant pick what is updated or not updated. you have to update everything on the list
you do them all or none of them

if you are goind a software update make sure you do a complete backup FIRST before updating, if the software update messes up and puts you in a boot loop or something at least then you can reflash from your backup.

topic covered my times before have a search

you cant pick what is updated or not updated. you have to update everything on the list
you do them all or none of them

I cheers for reply silver. I did look before asking but i could not see anything.

As grog68 said,create a backup,update all and if you get a problem you can just restore from your backup.I use ipab image on a few boxes(which is basically open atv6.1)
and there are always software updates but it runs fine without updating.The sofrware updater shows you all the available updates and if you want to know what each one is
google it.

it certainly isn't broke, so i must just leave it. However, i'm a bit anal about these things and think... ooh updates I must have.

I don't do software updates, just now and again rebuild my build with latest atv nightly image and latest plugins.

Back