Solar Panels Help

Hi,
I purchased x3 Solar Panels for approx £7000, 2 years ago by these door to door sales people (my fault). There made it sound so attractive that I would be saving so much money that I decided to purchase them.

However after a year the local council wrote a letter informing us that the 1 of the solar panel was sticking out towards the front of our roof and that we had to get this moved.

So I moved 1 of the solar panels to the other roof where the kitchen extension has been done, however since then my solar panels are not generating no where near what there should be and everytime I send a reading to the grid it always fails as it shows to be to less.

I got a feeling maybe the solar panel that I moved to the other roof may not be connected properly. Does anyone have any knowledge about solar panels and can maybe advise a way how I can check that the solar panel is working and producing? Or is anyone or does anyone know a solar panel installer that maybe able to help?

I assume you would generate more being south facing and if 1 as been moved then this would also have an affect not 100% sure but would put money it

I know what your saying but I'm generating over 50% less now as to what I was generating this time last year so something doesn't seem right.

Moving it to a location where direct sun light is less will have an impact but not as much as 50% reduction. Something is not right have you had it checked by professional or even the company who fitted it?
Secondly £7k for only 3 panels seems way too much, considering FIT have been steadily reduced since 2012 as have the price of panels.
I paid just over £11k for a 12 panel system in 2011 when price of panels was fairly high.

bit late to the party, but,
if one of your panels has excessive shading it will drag the rest of the system down, unless you have micro-inverters fitted, which I dont think you would have.
the other panels have to basically charged the shaded panel before you get any output.
what make inverter do you have.?
inverters have a minimum threshold to meet before they can generate, your 3 panels may well be struggling to get that,
3 panels is a very small system.

Back