Solo2SE

theres a few considerations, whether it's an older or newer box & whether it's v2 security or v4, the box maker ,simply put you need to make a fist at discovering these. Unfortunately if the box is just sitting there dead, that didn't just happen, they guy that gave it you must have tried something, whether that has bricked the box or damaged nand flash chip, would depend on what he tried

That is true, it was me that found out to flash from the vuhd website, so something must of gone on before or if not something tried
Maybe I just have a brick and its never going to go, could it be im just wasting my time.
Losing patience now with it, as it was never my problem but....
For the 30 quid paid I ask myself is it worth it

you have the tool wullboy linked to try, you may be able to recover if it's bricked. If it were the nand flash chip, good news & bad, the chip is cheap, replacing it takes a bit of skill. When the clones died there were lots of guys offering to do the job, post them box & they'd replace chip, trouble was some of them never fixed or returned boxes, tho there may be someone on here that could do repair for you if that were the cause

Some info for you....Its a lorisum v4??
That means jack chit to me but im hoping you guys will know (this as come from the previous owner)

The guy who bought the box tried to flash normal atv?

So have I been trying the wrong images? Even though I did try them all

on wullboys link there's an image for lonrisun receiver 5 from top of list lonsolo2 , you could try that one . With the info you originally had it would be hard to say which image was correct. I suggested Sunray, because the kernel hadn't been modified & the drivers were patched so it wouldn't harm your nand flash chip, the safest option. So lets see where this step leads

It feels like im just being led on a merry dance if im honest with you.
Are the flash files on the vuhd website and lorisum the same?
Just sent the correct flash file to my mate, hopefully one step closer

I don't know site u mention, I'm not trying to lead you on any merry dance, I've pointed out a lonrisun image that was linked to you. I try to explain the differences in the images, my disadvantage I'm trying to help online,pointing out possibilities of cause, tbh he could as I said have ruined nand flash chip, it could have bricked,it could just need reflashing. I tried to explain why a lonrisun clone differs, from sunray, they can both use a genuine image, but the image kernel for the lonrisun is 'stepped back' so to speak, to allow its use on receiver , hence an 'unmodified kernel image ' won't flash. Whichever of these 3 causes end up being issue, you've taken a step, by identifying the brand & version v4 of image, so you have flash to investigate, failing that, u have tool wullboy linked for recovery, lastly you have the replace nand chip, which might be cost prohibitive ,labour wise. I hope it works out for you

No I didnt mean you was leading me a merry dance. I meant the previous owner.
I know you guys are trying to help me and even though I havent said it to often, I am grateful for all the help received so far
I know I must be doing your heads in, cos mine is just about fried. But I will keep trying the flash file, although I am almost ready to give up.

Calling it guys ive had enough.
Thanks to everyone who provided links etc. Wasnt the end result I wanted but its beat me

Back