WooshBuild SOLVED: OpenATV 6.3 flashes to -49- then no video output, and unable to install WooshBuild Infinity...

panorama93

TK Veteran
On my Zgemma H5.2S box with WooshBuild Infinity and Default Skin I tried to upgrade online from OpenATV 6.2 to 6.3. OpenATV 6.3 flashed but stopped at -49- and lost HDMI video output. Then using USB I flashed OpenATV 6.3 versions dated 31 Aug and 2 Sep but both also stopped at -49- and also lost video output. Therefore I was unable to see the relevant screen to re-install WooshBuild Infinity with the OpenWebif method. I believe this is an OpenATV 6.3 issue not WooshBuild Infinity. Out of curiousity I then tried GrogBuild FreeRange for the first time, following the OpenWebif command line instructions on this site, and it installed successfully. I will use GrogBuild FreeRange as an alternative to WooshBuild Infinity until the above issues with OpenATV 6.3 are resolved. Has anyone else experienced these issues with OpenATV 6.3 recently?

Last edited:
if you installed grogbuild freerange then that flashes ATV 6.3 using the same flashing method that flashing online does, Grogbuild uses the latests image for your box.

I did a box yesterday with infinity when it gets to 49% that's when you run command for infinity didn't encounter the problem you have apart from having to manually initialise USB after setup

I did a box yesterday with infinity when it gets to 49% that's when you run command for infinity didn't encounter the problem you have apart from having to manually initialise USB after setup

but he should see the ATV video setup wizard on the screen at that point. He is saying he's got no output

Many thanks for feedback. I flashed OpenATV 6.3 and at -49- very quickly selected the default settings to get a full install. The main problem was at -49- before I could start installing WooshBuild with OpenWebif the screen went blank with no HDMI video output. Well I continued testing and re-flashing, now with video but no sound from HDMI Port. Then I changed HDMI Cable in Samsung TV from HDMI1 to HDMI2 Port and voila! I now have video and sound from the Zgemma's HDMI Port. I can now flash and install WB Infinity using OpenWebif. So the problem was a failed HDMI Port on the TV and not on the Zgemma. Hope that may be of help to anyone with similar issues.

Last edited:
Back