Some channels not clearing

I’m using mgcamd 1.38r1 on zgemma h5.2tc running openatv 6.2 whooshbuild infinity. Some channels such as Yesterday+1 do not clear even though it’s picked up by ABM and the SNR is 94%.

Any ideas why? Is it cam related? Server related? Area related?

Server related, more than likely you're on a cache server where the non popular channels take a while or don't clear at all.

you can only request local cards and hope the sellers are honest,just get a few tests and see which is best,and also check the supplier out first,how helpful and likes etc.

you can only request local cards and hope the sellers are honest,just get a few tests and see which is best,and also check the supplier out first,how helpful and likes etc.

I think I did ask for that also but thanks for the advice as I didn’t really know why I was asking before.

I also tried a couple of different sellers and both times the same channels didn’t clear. It seems a bit weird that every server would have the same cached channels. Unless they are the same service in reality.

I also tried a couple of different sellers and both times the same channels didn’t clear. It seems a bit weird that every server would have the same cached channels. Unless they are the same service in reality.
a cache server caches info for all channels,the more a channel is viewed the more often the cache is refreshed, channels not used do not get refreshed as often which in turn leads to the freezing. Most cache servers will have the same issues with the same channels, it does not mean they are the same service.

You need to ask if they have their own local cards.

a cache server caches info for all channels,the more a channel is viewed the more often the cache is refreshed, channels not used do not get refreshed as often which in turn leads to the freezing. Most cache servers will have the same issues with the same channels, it does not mean they are the same service.

You need to ask if they have their own local cards.

That’s excellent info actually. I now understand what caching actually means in this context. I shall ask in future. I did put that in my request but I guess anyone can reply and I need to ask specifically.

I think I did ask for that also but thanks for the advice as I didn’t really know why I was asking before.

you sure did:

I’m after a VM UK CWS test line. I’ve nicked the requirements below from someone else but I’m sure they’re more experienced than me in their requirements.
  1. Local cards
  2. Glitch and freeze free
  3. No cache servers
  4. Good comms
  5. Mgcamd in use
  6. Full price list required and payment etc
  7. Vets / vip's only.
Send me what you’ve got.

If you got the line off a seller on here, ask them for an explanation and direct them to this thread...........who knows you might just get a refund, for you to be provided twith the requested service................

you sure did:

If you got the line off a seller on here, ask them for an explanation and direct them to this thread...........who knows you might just get a refund, for you to be provided twith the requested service................

I know I asked for local cards and no cache servers but I just copied that from more experienced members. I didn’t understand what it all meant but now I think I’m starting to understand. To be fair no one who responded actually said they had local cards and non cached servers.

I haven’t bought a sub yet this year. I had one last year which I was mainly happy with but wanted to try a few others out to see what was about. I was taking several tests. I guess a server with local cards and no caching will cost more as I suppose the caching is a compromise to bring down the costs and still provide a reasonable service. If you watch what most people watch. I must be weird lol.

I have seen your vm line request mate and all looks fine apart for you copied a members request but if that is what you require no problem

If someone off this forum has miss sold you a line not suitable to your request surely your entitled to a full refund (y)

I have seen your vm line request mate and all looks fine apart for you copied a members request but if that is what you require no problem

If someone off this forum has miss sold you a line not suitable to your request surely your entitled to a full refund (y)

I haven’t bought anything yet so no refund needed luckily.

Back