Something freezes my box exactly every 15 minutes

Hi all,

I have a problem I've been trying to resolve with no luck. I noticed my box (H5.2S) was freezing for maybe 20 or 30 seconds regularly. One day I noticed it does this exactly on the hour, at 15 minutes past, half past, and quarter to - every hour!

All recordings and playback is fine, but if I try to use the menu or any GUI at exactly these moments, it all just freezes until the 20 or 30 seconds are up and then carries on as normal.

I checked the cron and power timers list (like time keeping) and could not see anything that runs every 15 minutes and the only other thing I could think of was Movie Organiser which was set to tidy up files every few hours.

Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this or what I can do to try and track down what the culprit is? I have the latest OpenATV and Wooshbuild and everything else seems up to date.

Thanks

If you are using the MovieOrganisor plugin then this runs every 15 minutes and sorts your recordings into folders. You could try disabling the plugin or change how frequently it runs.

try turn off EPG updating or have you got ABM updating the channels . check memory then reboot box to clear the cache

Hi, just checked. ABM scheduled scan is set to no. CrossEPG is set to once a day.

Oh, and it reboots overnight every night too!

I may have to resort to that I think! I also have another problem I started on another thread with the recycling bin too, so maybe I have to bite the bullet and reflash. I was hoping to save time by not doing that and finding easy and quick fixes.

I may have to resort to that I think! I also have another problem I started on another thread with the recycling bin too, so maybe I have to bite the bullet and reflash. I was hoping to save time by not doing that and finding easy and quick fixes.
Reflashing is the quick easy fix these days - Takes 20 mins from start to finish using grogbuild freerange.
Saves farting about for hours trying to track down duff settings or corrupted plugins etc

Back