Sons new house project

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Son just purchased another property paid 100k at auction and boy is it stressful trying to sort things out that need replacing or upgrading ffs lol.
Daughter in law cant half swing a bull hammer and i felt quiet imtimidated to say the least lol.

Attachments

• IMG-20191130-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20191130-WA0004.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-20191130-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20191130-WA0006.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20191130-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20191130-WA0005.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG-20191130-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20191130-WA0003.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 81
Cant believe the state of the wiring in the house it was clearly done some time in the 60's and never been upgraded since etc.
The rear outside PIR light on garden was wired into a plug in the bathroom ffs :X3:.
Cant believe how much a builders skip costs nowadays and its even more if its kept on the street because you need a permit ffs and it has to have lights on etc.

I know mate, I’ve come across some really bad wiring, it seems anything went back in the 60’s!

Just took old coal fire out the living room and god knows how anyone hasnt died in the property :X3: all the fire bricks are severly cracked and the seals on the door were non existant and the flue was virtually blocked and chimney sweep guy emptied his vacuum 4 times and the soot was still coming down.

Ffs like my next door neighbours house paid 69k for it and amount of work put into it outside and inside lintle in fireplace was a thin piece af aluminium ripped all upstairs out ect electrics in there is fekkin bad upstairs complete just downstairs to do helped him with graft easy bit smashing it all up hard bit cleaning fekkin mess up but with them there living in it whilst doing it back garden was like a jungle sure I seen an anaconda lol but to look at it now we've had digger dumper truck ect to build a 25ft by 20ft workshop looks OK long process but worth it in end lol

Well thats a good question because hes wanted to move from his current property for a while but hes virtually got a guaranteed £30k profit from the sale of this house and hes undecided at the min but it was purchased intentionally to sell on for a quick sale but you know what kids are like nowadays changing their minds ffs its hard to keep up lol.
Hope he does move in and sell his current home then i will get to see grandson more but that would mean moving schools and leaving his mates behind etc.

Yeah so far
New wiring top to bottom and sockets and light fittings
New ceilings and plaster etc
Living room walls stripped back to brick
New floor in kitchen gloss tiles
New fitted kitchen
New bathroom / wetroom
New windows because its still get old aluminium framed ones in lol
New combi boiler and pipework n rads
New bannister on stairs because there aint one fitted
All new skirting and doors and frames
New guttering and facia's
New pathway up to front door.

Outside
Front garden driveway laid and kerb dropped
New fencing and small amount of landscaping on front whats left.
Rear garden
New fencing all round
Composite pvc decking at top
Summerhouse / gymn down left side
Centurion/ gladiator water feature on right.
Another small deck out of patio doors at rear.

It depends on the area, renters who pay top whack tend to be short term, doctors, academics and other professionals working away, which means it needs a minor makeover every 6 months when they move out, painting, grouting and carpet cleaning etc
Low end rentals need basic housing.
Yes decent wiring and plumbing, GCH but no landscaping, hi-gloss kitchens and top end worktops and tiles

I bought 2 new build apartments 2008. Not many banks were giving out mortgages.
The shells were up, no bathrooms or kitchens fitted ..I made a daft offer the builder accepted.. the poor tenant lived in the block alone for 9 months, without any other tenant.. still there today .

Going down in a bit armed with a scraper and steamer to strip all the walls on the stairs to see if we uncover anymore horror stories ffs lol.
And to top it all off hes informed me today that the doors and frames in the house are steel ffs i wondered why everyone was struggling to get a signal on mobile phones other day it must be shielding the signal or summert is my theory and i will probably wrong just like my football predictions but thats the theory im putting forward lol.

You don't have to take the plaster down to bare brick, if they are rough they can be skimmed over easily enough for a fraction of the cost of dry lining and then skimming them.
Also a good idea before you plug the steamer in, wet the wallpaper with soapy water first, then most of it will be soaked through and will only require a few seconds with the steamer

You don't have to take the plaster down to bare brick, if they are rough they can be skimmed over easily enough for a fraction of the cost of dry lining and then skimming them.
Also a good idea before you plug the steamer in, wet the wallpaper with soapy water first, then most of it will be soaked through and will only require a few seconds with the steamer

Back