Sony 4K tv,which box?

Davek1977

Hi guys,
Guess first it's best to let you guys know what my setup is so ye can help me.
I have Sony 75"xd9405 4K HDR tv.i have broadband with vm 240meg.
I have sly at the moment with two feeds.
Ideally I want to be able to record at least one thing while watching another.
Hd channels including sports I would love but not sure if I can.

I'm writing this in a hospice beside my wife who told me get the box as I always wanted one.
I looked at Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO Linux Enigma 2 H.265 2x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-S2/T2/C HD 1080p Digital Receiver but don't know if that's best for me.
Would a 4K box be better.price isn't a problem as I've been told get what I really want by my wife before she dies.
I've little to no understanding of all the Mumbo jumbo talk about build,enigma 2 or anything.
I don't even have time to research this stuff.any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

If you have a big TV with VM broadband, cable is the way to go.

You get the HD channels, SD on a big screen isn't great.

Get a twin cable tuner, (DVB-C/T)

The box above is twin sat plus one cable. Something like this

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver

or

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver

Order it pre flashed with OpenVix

Then follow this

Agreed, you definitely don't want sd channels on a 75inch screen if you can avoid it, a 4k box at the minute isn't really that useful as there are very few 4k channels and without a motorised dish there's nothing. If 4k cable becomes a thing then maybe, most of the 4k boxes also need to be used with Oscam also which can be a bit daunting to set up for the first time user. I have the vu+ duo 2 which I can recommend with 2sat and 2 cable tuners but I rarely use the sat feeds to be honest.

I think I like the idea of 2 sat and 2 cable is good.
Am I right in thinking for recording on sat I need 2 feeds from say my sly box?
If it's cable how does that work with vm.is it run from modem?
See told u I'm a complete novice
Thanks

Sat you need two inputs if your going to watch one and record another, with cable you just need a splitter which will give you one wire into your modem and the other into the box, depending on which box you buy the tuner may split the signal internally or you may need a small link cable to connect the tuner modules. The splitters are just a few pounds you can get them from amazon and you can buy the cable from there also or other online shops not hard to find.

I have 2 cable and 1 sat, can't remember the last program I watched in SD.

Probably won't even re new my sat sub when it runs out, just have it as a back up.

Only cable has the HD channels.

For cable you may need a splitter, one feed in, a feed to each tuner on the box and a feed to the router coming out.

3waysplitter.jpg

I only use my sat sub for Chelsea tv other than that I would whip the sat tuner out and stick another twin cable tuner in

ill,d look at the VU+ Uno 4K 1x DVB-C CABLE FBC Tuner Linux Enigma 2 Receiver UHD 2160p just one cable tuner but its fbc so you can record upto 8 channels slightly more than the above boxes at £229 plus if you wanted sat you'll have to look at adding a usb sat tuner at around £50

Thanks so much for the help guys.sadly my wife passed away so haven't had time to look.does anyone know of anyone reliable to set box up for me?i know it's probably not common practice for that to be done,but help would be appreciated

Hi guys,I've got a loan of a box off my brother.just wondering what u guys think as regards value.
It's an edition os mini full hd Linux twin sat receiver dvb s2.
It's costing €270.subscription is €100 per year.picture quality isn't great as for my tv size 75".would I get a good box and go cable route for hd channels?
Thanks guys

I'm not sure of the currency exchange rate but in £ it's £99.99 for the box and line can be between £30 to £50. You could go for the 1 sat and 1 cable version for the same price of the box but cable lines costs more

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Any idea of a box that I can have 2 sat feeds for recording and so I can record cable too.not too fussed about price as I'd like good fast box.
Is it easy to set up?
What best operating system?
Thanks

Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO Linux Enigma 2 H.265 2x DVB-S/2 + 1x DVB-S2/T2/C HD 1080p Digital Receiver it has 2 sat and the third tuner can be used for sat, cable or terrestrial.

You could look at the vu+4k fbc sat tuner version and add a usb cable tuner with the fbc tuner I think you need a specific lnb that will allow you to record upto 8 channels via one sat input someone else maybe will be able to give you more information on fbc sat tuners

I did have a look at the edision mega triple.with just one tuner for cable is it still possible to record from cable feed?
Because of my tv size I really need hd channels

Yes but you won't be able to watch another cable channel. So record one on cable and watch on sat with twin sat you can record one and watch another or record 2 sat and watch cable

Ok,making more sense I think.if I had twin sat and twin cable I could record one and watch another?
I'd need 2 sat feeds and 2 cable feeds unless they are fbc?

Ok,making more sense I think.if I had twin sat and twin cable I could record one and watch another?
I'd need 2 sat feeds and 2 cable feeds unless they are fbc?
Yes I'm not sure of boxes that have four tuners maybe a twin sat and one cable tuner box then add a usb cable tuner. Bees is more clued up on boxes so I'm sure he'll pop in and give you more options

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back