Sound Driver Problem,

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

i cant seem to find the driver for Asus A8V-VM, everything else is installed, just finding it hard to find the audio driver for Windows XP 32Bit

any help please? been at it all day and no luck at all

thanks in advance

Is this the driver you tried?
Version 5.10.1.4151
You could always try the wizard to see if that helps

do i download the asus navigation wizard to obtain the driver for the audio?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

i used the link above to download the audio driver, but it says does not support the hardware or something like that, it is very frustrating

If you 1) Enter motherboard in the Select Product bit. 2) Selected socket 939 in select series bit 3) Selected A8V-VM in select model bit, Selected your Operating System, and then downloaded the Audio, I would have thought that all you would have to do is go to the file called Setup.exe and run it.

Unless of course you have a PCI, or PCI Express sound card installed, in which case you would have to find which card it was and download the driver for it.

Is this the driver you tried?
Version 5.10.1.4151
You could always try the wizard to see if that helps

yeh axxo i tried that, said doesn't support the hardware, which i find very weird

how would i try the wizard? its not for me, for my little niece, she using windows xp, been years since ive used it

If you 1) Enter motherboard in the Select Product bit. 2) Selected socket 939 in select series bit 3) Selected A8V-VM in select model bit, Selected your Operating System, and then downloaded the Audio, I would have thought that all you would have to do is go to the file called Setup.exe and run it.

Unless of course you have a PCI, or PCI Express sound card installed, in which case you would have to find which card it was and download the driver for it.

i'll have a look at that now, will send link to niece so she can have a try and see what the outcome is, just had a quick look and it was the same one i downloaded, no luck at all with that one. :(

is this free to use? some of them asks you to register/buy, which i don't want

Last edited:
Hi j4v3d,
If you go back to the Asus download link i gave you, after you have selected series, model etc, you will notice in the "Utilities" section, that there is a Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 HD Audio Patch KB888111, I think you need to install this patch in order to be able to install the Audio driver bud.

Hi j4v3d,
If you go back to the Asus download link i gave you, after you have selected series, model etc, you will notice in the "Utilities" section, that there is a Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 HD Audio Patch KB888111, I think you need to install this patch in order to be able to install the Audio driver bud.

most likely it will be that then pal, i will tell my niece to download it and then try it out

on the other hand, if i buy some ram memory and bigger hard drive and install windows 7 home premium would it work on her computer? she has amd athlon 64 1.8ghz processor.

Unfortunately Asus do not as yet have support for Windows 7 on this motherboard, so you will not be able to get driver support. You could keep checking the support site in case driver support is added, but i would not hold my breath and would think it is unlikely.

HiTeck i will try the solution jodav gave me, if that does not work then i will try your way then post the details of the motherboard, sound etc....

im looking for ram memory and hard drive so i can install windows 7 for them, you dont need any drivers for that, but in meantime need the sound on for them... gosh these computers do your nut in lol

j4v3d go with Hitecks advice and post the results if you can, i was gonna suggest everest but belarc gives more clear detail on one page that you can just copy and paste here for us to get a look at.
Jodav has said there is no support for windows 7 for your type of board so no point looking up ram and hard drive details.

j4v3d go with Hitecks advice and post the results if you can, i was gonna suggest everest but belarc gives more clear detail on one page that you can just copy and paste here for us to get a look at.
Jodav has said there is no support for windows 7 for your type of board so no point looking up ram and hard drive details.

she'll have to stick to windows XP then, lol

let her try jodav's solution out if it doesnt do then will try HiTeck solution out and post the details here

You could always upgrade to windows Vista j4v3d, and to be honest i would give Windows 7 a year or so to get ironed out, just like Vista took a couple of years.

You could always upgrade to windows Vista j4v3d, and to be honest i would give Windows 7 a year or so to get ironed out, just like Vista took a couple of years.

yeh you do have a point, i guess windows vista it shall be, but will ask niece to see how she got on with installing the drivers

jodav your the man, you was right, you needed to install the patch before installing the audio driver, now its time for them to get some ram memory, and a bigger hard drive, which hard drive will fit this motherboard, im confused with hard drive speeds??

thank you everyone who has contributed to the thread, best place to be to get your problems fixed :)

Back