Sound Driver Problem,

Your the man as far as your niece will be concerned, at least for a few days lol Manufacturers website should always be the first port of call.

You want to buy a SATA hard drive, can use 5400rpm or 7200. Something like this will do

Memory you want is DDR400, max is 4GB (4x1 GB)

Well done, and good luck j4v3d

Your the man as far as your niece will be concerned, at least for a few days lol Manufacturers website should always be the first port of call.

You want to buy a SATA hard drive, can use 5400rpm or 7200. Something like this will do

Memory you want is DDR400, max is 4GB (4x1 GB)

Well done, and good luck j4v3d

massive thanks goes to myself, you, and not forgetting the great friends on here who have helped out massively, i will tell her that TK sorted the problem, not me :)

cheapest ram 4x 1gb comes to a total of around £90 off eBay, cant find it anywhere else cheaper than that lol

Last edited:
That's the good thing i find about this forum, everybody seems to want to genuinely help, and that's all that counts. Its fun, and unfortunately you get a few sad posts like the poor snake that died :( .
Thank you for the update anyway j4v3d.

By the way 4 x 1GB is the max, it will still run on 2 GB (1 x 1GB) not too bad at all.

That's the good thing i find about this forum, everybody seems to want to genuinely help, and that's all that counts. Its fun, and unfortunately you get a few sad posts like the poor snake that died :( .
Thank you for the update anyway j4v3d.

By the way 4 x 1GB is the max, it will still run on 2 GB (1 x 1GB) not too bad at all.

where will be the cheapest place be to buy the ram memory from? that hard drive on amazon is on at a good price

Amazon for me is always a decent price, and reliable and safe. But fleabay is always somewhere you can pick up a bargain, but take a bit of a chance if you know what I mean.
Personally I would probably look for a decent second hand set of sticks of fleabay, using average Amazon prices as a guide. but THATS JUST ME, you need to decide for yourself. I would rather pay say £5 or even £10 more on Amazon buying new and safe if it came down to it.

The best advice i can give you is to not mix the sticks, make sure they are all the same make\model.

Also I would buy the hard drive new (that is not a bad price above as you have mentioned), the reason is that it has moving parts and so you have more chance of buying a faulty one, as opposed to a stick of memory.

Hope that helps Bud.

yeh thats fine, i will look on amazon, buy all the parts from there, never used amazon before, time i started using it

new is the way forward, dont want second hand stuff. cant trust it

Back