Sound issues

rockford

Hi there, I bought a Panasonic DP-UB820K Blue Disc Player because I would like to hear proper 5.1 DTS sound from my Sony STR-DH790 Amp. Now I'm thinking/asking is worth it, and do I really need it, I have no 4K Ultra HD Discs, and they are very expensive. Any ideas?. Kodi and APKs have some good film and TV shows with DTS and DD+ links. Is there any 2ay of improving the sound quality, to achieve really good 5.1 sound. My knowledge of tech is basic ok, but when when it comes to sound I really am an amateur, and I get lost listening to the experts talk. Anyway thanks.

You can always download the movies in blueray or HD format from torrents.
Depending on your setup, load them onto a very big USB stick or hard drive. Say big because some of them fims will be 30 gig. I had some luck doing it that way. You can't beat great sounding setups. But it's quite a chore trying to do it on the cheap. Good luck anyway. Once your sorted Ile come round and watch a movie in yours..... Paul :ROFLMAO:

Hey! You're on.. Do you mean download 4k films from Kodi and APKs, or how else do I put them on a hard disc? From where?

You can burn them to disc. But useing a USB device eliminates that. Play them straight from the hard drive. If you have a firestick or cube attach the USB stick to that, and file explorer will pick up the movies. Vlc plays most options. Once you find the files your happiest with. Only download them type of files. There are smaller files that still have 5.1 on, but while audio is good picture quality will suffer. Trial and error mate.
Reputable Torrent sites if there is such a thing. I use utorrent.... Paul

i was using utorrent on bt fibre 150 getting about 8 meg started using qbittorrent speed rose to 12/14 meg
switched to vodafone 200 speed rose to 24 meg, 4k dolby movie takes 4/5 mins

Back