Splitters outside for multiroom

WAKI

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice. I'm looking to setup a second vm box in different room from where the modem and 1st box is. When vm installed all new cables 3 years ago I asked them to put a cable in the other room incase I wanted to move modem etc over which they did without any issue. However, last year an engineer came out and disconnected the splitter that was installed by original engineer outside which meant the second room had no live feed anymore. My main question therefore links to, if I put a genuine vm splitter back in the brown box will it be ok to run both boxes and router without any issue as I don't want it causing more noise on the network etc. As the 1st box and modem already have a splitter which was originally installed by vm.
Thanks

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice. I'm looking to setup a second vm box in different room from where the modem and 1st box is. When vm installed all new cables 3 years ago I asked them to put a cable in the other room incase I wanted to move modem etc over which they did without any issue. However, last year an engineer came out and disconnected the splitter that was installed by original engineer outside which meant the second room had no live feed anymore. My main question therefore links to, if I put a genuine vm splitter back in the brown box will it be ok to run both boxes and router without any issue as I don't want it causing more noise on the network etc. As the 1st box and modem already have a splitter which was originally installed by vm.
Thanks
hdu-200 | eBay
hdu-400 | eBay

Thanks guys.. just out of curiosity if checked power levels before adding the splitter back outside and left the internal splitter in place also like it was originally during initial vm install and the power levels for downstream have all gone down to between 0.2 and -0.2 (mostly 0) where just before adding the splitter outside it was between 3.7 and 3.5.. am I right I thinking the closer it is to 0 the better? so does this mean the need for a hdu isn't really needed based on those values?

Attach the 3rd cable and see wether you get any pixelation issues etc best parameters are around 0 and hdu usually only needed when power levels drop out significantly.
The parameters range from -6 - +10 so you should be ok at them levels but you just never know till everything is connected and running etc.(y)

Attach the 3rd cable and see wether you get any pixelation issues etc best parameters are around 0 and hdu usually only needed when power levels drop out significantly.
The parameters range from -6 - +10 so you should be ok at them levels but you just never know till everything is connected and running etc.(y)
Thanks for that I did connect all the cables up and added an attenuator on both sides as it was originally when vm laid the cables. I will borrow a second box tonight and connect it to see if it drops any further with everything powered on and running.. I did test the box from the other room and there was no pixelations but granted 2 boxes weren't connected at the same time so that's what I will test tonight to see if has any negative effect

Just to let you guys know, tried a second box at the same time with different channels running etc. no glitches, pixelations etc. that I noticed during the brief test and the power levels all remained around the -0.2 to +0.2 mark (mainly 0 with an average of +0.03). safe to say I dont need an HDU. Thanks for the help everyone (y)

Just to let you guys know, tried a second box at the same time with different channels running etc. no glitches, pixelations etc. that I noticed during the brief test and the power levels all remained around the -0.2 to +0.2 mark (mainly 0 with an average of +0.03). safe to say I dont need an HDU. Thanks for the help everyone (y)
Good good glad ya got sorted and no need for an hdu etc spend the extra dollars on a pint and sit back and enjoy all the 10.000 repeated xmas films over thd festive period :ROFLMAO:(y)

Back