Splitting signal to bedroom query

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi,

enquiring on behalf of a friend.

is it possibly to split signal to next room via the sat 1 sat 2 wall plate? ( see pic)

As the set up is in a small block of flats, i think the feed is coming from a communal dish/box.

Attachments

• 0F684BFE-4B95-440A-9785-CBBAF5D61AD9.jpeg
    0F684BFE-4B95-440A-9785-CBBAF5D61AD9.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1
That depends if there are 2 feeds to the wall plate,
Sat1 should be triplexed to sat, TV , FM,
Sat2 , who knows ? :unsure: it should be a direct feed from the multiswitch , but in flats anything can happen

I'm guessing at what you mean.....
Can I use a box in room one using sat one, an use another in room 2 by chasing a able from sat 2?
If that's the question, then try box 1 in room 1 using both sat 1 and sat 2, if box works from both, then it would suggest the signal is live on bot
IF you're asking something different, try give us more detail please.

I'm guessing at what you mean.....
Can I use a box in room one using sat one, an use another in room 2 by chasing a able from sat 2?
If that's the question, then try box 1 in room 1 using both sat 1 and sat 2, if box works from both, then it would suggest the signal is live on bot
IF you're asking something different, try give us more detail please.

Currently my friend has a sky box in the living room with both sat 1 and sat 2 cables directly going the box in living room....if he were to remove 1 of the cables from the box and ran it to the next room would all channels work ok in both rooms?

He’s not bothered about the recording feature.

Currently my friend has a sky box in the living room with both sat 1 and sat 2 cables directly going the box in living room....if he were to remove 1 of the cables from the box and ran it to the next room would all channels work ok in both rooms?

Yes both would work single connection only

Has he recorded and watched live TV on the skybox and if answer is yes means both cables are live. Run one of the cables to other room and will work fine

Back