Spring Cleaning

greensman

I LOVE TEXAS!!!
TK Supporter
Hey folks remember if you're in the Northern Hemisphere you should be coming out of winter and into spring or summer. I've been having issues with one of my rigs "over-heating" lately and used what little brain I have to determine that I had either an airflow problem or a DUST/LINT problem... lol. Well low and behold it was a simple trigger pull with my canned air that removed an embarrassing amount of dust and lint from the CPU cooler and GPU cooler.

Always look at/for the most simple explanation of a problem first then go from there. Either get a friend or shop keeper (if you can't do it yourself) to help you with a simple dusting and check up of your "air flow" system and coolers. It's the radiator for your engine and the life blood of your computer...

Good luck and happy cleaning. ;)

Last edited:
i take mine out to the shop and blow it out with my air compressor aboout every six months.

Agree with cacti. I only use the compressor on removable parts such as filters and covers. Canned air for the internals on mine. Just been cleaning on mine this weekend as well. Have had some issues of late so the inside was pretty clean, but today I tool the front cover off. I had forgotten all about the front fan and filter. Had to bring in the kids wagon to haul all the lint out. Shame on ferg. lol

I (we) live in a dry, dusty, doggie, kiddie environment.... tis a dust and lint wonderland here so a good cleaning every couple of months is prolly the best thing but the GM is a lazy sod so he gets to it about 2-3 times a year... LOL

Cant beat a good dry lint free cloth and hoover/vacuum cleaner whatevers your preference ;)

Back