St George's Day

sandiemag

Account Deleted at user's request.
Do you think that 23rd April should be a Public Holiday?

We should fly the flag more for our own patron saint. :rant:

As good as it is, we tend to support St Patrick's day more than our own.

the goverment keeps bangin on about it being made a public holiday, but as we no they will bang any drum if they think its a good idea. but i wouldnt hold your breath.

I bet if there was a street poll on who could give the date of St. George's Day, we would be suprised how many people would know it.

[QUOTE EDITED =[/QUOTE]

not very nice that :moon:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it should be a natonal holiday! and have you noticed that every year eastenders celebrates st. georges day! more programmes should :grin:

lol is that the same program with the disappearing animals, ie parrot,pig, and the missing toilet in the cafe oh any1 for pool if u can find the table in the vic.

lol and there me thinking they associated it with footie hooligans lol!
but ther are hooligans on all walks of life and all cultures lol!

Edited by noely

Wach it in future Mjolinor.

WTF

St George's day is English, not British. Thought I'd found a site worth visiting.

Forum's are for people to learn if they don't know.

I have no need to "watch it in future" . Education where the information is edited is not free speech and " :) " means joke for you obvious forum newbies.

Goodbye.

Forums are indeed a place for people to learn. They also have rules, this forum included. Post within those said guidelines and you have no worries.
Otherwise, you have every need to "watch it in the future" as Noely has already pointed out.

English british all the same to me im english and born in Britain/England
The flags irish english welsh and scottish all used for footie/rugger or what ever sport and all have their own saint and brought out on those saints days as well as the sport days.
But yes lets have a St Georges day as a bank holiday and celebrate with pride.

MInd you im not complaining but it would be a bank holiday within a few weeks/days of the other bank hoildays -as they al seem to be together this time of year lol from may bank holiday we dont get no more until the August one lol!

British relates to Great Britain, or the British Isles, of which England is a part. So to refer to St. George as British would be correct in my view.

WTF

St George's day is English, not British. Thought I'd found a site worth visiting.

Forum's are for people to learn if they don't know.

I have no need to "watch it in future" . Education where the information is edited is not free speech and " :) " means joke for you obvious forum newbies.

Goodbye.

You know why your post was edited, it had nothing to do whatsoever with whether St Georges day is English or British.
If you dont abide by the rules, then yes as said before you will have to watch it in future.

Believe it or not the Republic of Ireland is actually also counted as being in the British Isles. Not in Britain though obviously!

Back