Stalker Mac Address and Serial Number

jjjackson

I always thought the service only used the Mac Address of the STB you're using, but....

Recently I was told when you subscribe to an IPTV service, with a stalker program, they need the mac address and they also are sent the serial number of the STB you are using?

Is it true?

Never heard of it myself and been around iptv a good few years.
I’ve always known you just send the MAC address of the stb you are using the series number is no use to the provider.
What stb are you referring too

Only mac code required normally if there is an issue you can check on the informir website if its a genuine mac or cloned (Magboxes)

I bought one of those cheap Firestick 4K. How could I pass on a quality cheap toy like that? My reseller is telling me I can't use STBEmu on the 4K, because it's working on my good android box. He says it's not only the mac address sent to the server, but the box serial number. :)

I put the service on the 4K with STBEmu and it works fine.....for now. You can put whatever Mac address you want on the app.

I guess I'll see. :)

BTW, I'm very I'm pressed with the 4K. Put on a different launcher and attached my air mouse. It's not perfect, but I'm having fun.

I bought one of those cheap Firestick 4K. How could I pass on a quality cheap toy like that? My reseller is telling me I can't use STBEmu on the 4K, because it's working on my good android box. He says it's not only the mac address sent to the server, but the box serial number. :)

I put the service on the 4K with STBEmu and it works fine.....for now. You can put whatever Mac address you want on the app.

BTW, I'm very I'm pressed with the 4K. Put on a different launcher and attached my air mouse. It's not perfect, but I'm having fun.
Only time they would normally do that is to lock you into their service so basically that device would be only be able to work on your providers service. Find a new provider if that is the case.

Only time they would normally do that is to lock you into their service so basically that device would be only be able to work on your providers service. Find a new provider if that is the case.
They don’t even need serial number to lock it to them can just use hardware lock to do it

you can use Stb emu pro on the firestick he’s talking shite all you need to do is imitate the mac from stb on the android box to stb emu pro on the firestick as you n change the MAC address to same as your android box and enter providers portal and will load portal but wouldn’t be able to use the box and stick at same time

They don’t even need serial number to lock it to them can just use hardware lock to do it

you can use Stb emu pro on the firestick he’s talking shite all you need to do is imitate the mac from stb on the android box to stb emu pro on the firestick as you n change the MAC address to same as your android box and enter providers portal and will load portal but wouldn’t be able to use the box and stick at same time
I did that and it works fine.

Back