Stan Sport (Australia) - UCL in 4k

Champions League is upon us again (and Europa and Conference leagues as well).

So far US Paramount+ has been my go to service for the European competitions and it’s great value at US$5/month for 1080p and 60fps.

However, for time zone reasons I tend to watch a lot of my matches the next morning, and here I have been disappointed by lower quality replays on Paramount+.

I am trying out Stan Sport (Australia) this week, and so far it’s looking pretty good - albeit not your cheapest option. Signed up without any OTP shenanigans and used a Revolut card. They offer a 7 day free trial for anyone wanting to try it out.

Sports offered: Champions/Europa/Conference League, Tennis, Rugby, Cycling + a bunch of tv shows and movies

Quality: Selected matches and events are in 4k and 50fps or 60fps, the rest are 1080p and 50fps

Other notable features: Full quality on replays, mini-matches, etc.

Price: Cheapest package is AU$20/month so definitely not cheap - but still cheaper than BT Sport. This one is probably only for those looking for top notch quality

Last edited:
Champions League is upon us again (and Europa and Conference leagues as well).

So far US Paramount+ has been my go to service for the European competitions and it’s great value at US$5/month for 1080p and 60fps.

However, for time zone reasons I tend to watch a lot of my matches the next morning, and here I have been disappointed by lower quality replays on Paramount+.

I am trying out Stan Sport (Australia) this week, and so far it’s looking pretty good - albeit not your cheapest option. Signed up without any OTP shenanigans and used a Revolut card. They offer a 7 day free trial for anyone wanting to try it out.

Sports offered: Champions/Europa/Conference League, Tennis, Rugby, Cycling + a bunch of tv shows and movies

Quality: Selected matches and events are in 4k and 50fps or 60fps, the rest are 1080p and 50fps

Other notable features: Full quality on replays, mini-matches, etc.

Price: Cheapest package is AU$20/month so definitely not cheap - but still cheaper than BT Sport. This one is probably only for those looking for top notch quality
Stan Sport is a fantastic app and also have some great vod

@Markeymark Do you know how many concurrent streams you get for the sports add-on? I can see how many you get with the different core packages, but wasn’t sure if you got the same number for sports

That actually makes the economics pretty good then…

Alright, I’m going to commit and cancel my US Paramount+ at the end of the weak. Somehow I’ve now ended up with the full Aussie lineup with Optus, Kayo and Stan 😂

Back