HD51 4K STARTUP files in BOOT folder - HD51

pdw

Could anybody tell me what the standard STARTUP files should be in the boot folder. Ive screwed mine up a while ago when trying to get multi boot to work.

After re-flashing slot 2 OpenATV 6.4 , this has now come back to bite me. Without getting into detail, I now have a working image (Willobuild) in slot 1 - but when I try to reboot, the box doesnt boot into Willobuild - it just hangs - in order to get it going I have to power off, hold power button down for a while until 'booting' occurs .

Am I right in saying the only way to correct all this is to flash from USB to recreate the 4 partitions?

My aim is to have 2 images - ATV & VIX

In /boot you should have:

1583681536564.png

I'm no expert but I would imagine 1 thru 4 refer to the partitions and STARTUP is the actual boot file.
Probably if you choose to boot partition 4, the system makes a copy of STARTUP_4 and renames it to STARTUP, overwriting the original.
If you have ViX on partition 1, copy STARTUP_1 to your desktop and rename to STARTUP and copy it back and reboot.
That's what I always do when I make a pigs ear of things.

Reactions: pdw
Thanks Willo, but Ive made such a pigs ear of things I think a complete refresh is required. Im, not even sure now, after renaming etc ( from a while ago) what image refers to which startup file - its a real mess.

How can I restart from scratch ?- even the flash option in Willobuild Image manager wont work - Ive got the USB zip file there choose to flash in slot2 , it flashes and then tries to reboot but doesnt reboot so Im stuffed. I then have to long press the power button to boot and it boots into Willobuild - the only good condition image on the box. Ive tried to reflash also from a USB stick but it just reboots into Willobuild and ignores the flash - I think Ive done a grand job of screwing up the boot partitions and thats why I think I have to restart from scratch.

I'll leave it as is for now - at least the wife has got a working system (as long as she doesnt reboot) - Im away now for 2 weeks so will tackle it when I get back. ....but if youve got any ideas of starting from scratch I'm all ears ,

Thanks.

@grog68 has fixed the online flash now so that should work okay (y)
If flashing by usb, that should format the whole flash and just put an image on partition 1 and leave the others free. (remember to hold in the power button to start the flash).

Thanks Willo - my STARTUP files are so screwed that the only way forward is to flash USB and hopefully get rid of my STARTUP files - Ive just tried that (same as I have numerous times) but the USB stick light is flashing but then it goes straight to booting up - Ive tried all 3 USB ports but it just wont flash - tried it on ATV and VIX , no joy. It might be the USB stick Im using but Ive had no trouble with that one in the past.

Would an online flash wipe out my STARTUP screw ups? If not, I would be no further forward cos at the moment if I want to reboot, I have to hold power button (as if Im flashing) to get to booting stage.

Hi Willo,
Thanks for that - its up now with Willobuild. Only problem is so far, I cannot see the XE plugin to download ?

I have no idea what that is :unsure:
It probably isn't in the ViX feeds then. Google for the standalone ipk.

Just install it via command line on there site

Code:
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

Back