starview 4 new firmware v1.12

so i just download the file put it on the usb stick,should i delete any other files i have on it cause i have the file that you use to flash it.will it come up to select usb and then install the update.will i also need to factory reset and rescan thanks.sorry guys this might sound thick but i download the file but i carnt find it on my laptop it says saving to temp folder but where do i find it thanks again

your file should be in your download folder

hi spike24 if you look in your download folder you should find the file there and once you copy and paste it onto your usb stick make sure you turn off your starview 4 box before you put your usb stick in then turn on power go into menu find the usb stick and high lite the bin file v1.12 bin and install once the file is loaded thats it no need to factory reset or rescan but make sure to turn off box before taking out usb stick ok your done :)

Still there
TechKings - Downloads - STARVIEW USB V 1.12

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Egnore last post tried edit but timed out ?

Try download again when you click save select desktop as save location should be easy to find then, sounds like your default save loction is tempory internet files

yeah i click download and it takes me to free file sharing,i hit the download button,it asks me what i want to do i click open,it then downloads.it tells me in the dialog box it goes to a temp folder am i missing something,ha ha maybe my brain

yeah i click download and it takes me to free file sharing,i hit the download button,it asks me what i want to do i click open,it then downloads.it tells me in the dialog box it goes to a temp folder am i missing something,ha ha maybe my brain

select save will then ask where, select desktop when download complete then copy file to usb stick

hi spike, what browser are you using?

if your using firefox when you download the file the downloads window should appear for firefox with the file in it, right click on it and select open containing folder.

if your using internet explorer save the file to your desktop.

ok saved to desktop when i scroll over it it says type bin file is this now the bin file,if it is i got confused cause ive not seen a bin file this way before thanks

Hi
I am using firmware v1.12 but STILL DO NOT WORK.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Is the firmware v1.12 still working?
Or whice firmware do i need for starview 4 box.
HELP?

Hi, ive just got the starview 4 box, does anyone have a beginners guide? Thanks!

If you bought it new, I`d ask for a refund before you put firmware on it. The box will be useless very soon.

Buy a second hand one cheap & we`ll guide you through flashing it.

Back