Starview 7 scramble

laneyefc

Just got a starview 7 of a friend and he said it is valid until the end of February, but the box itself is finding channels but when I try and view them it says scramble, do i need to setup ip etc or do a firmware update?

Thanks in advance

He may not be your friend for much longer,some kind of work and some not at all go in to menu system info and see what date u got there

Just got a starview 7 of a friend and he said it is valid until the end of February, but the box itself is finding channels but when I try and view them it says scramble, do i need to setup ip etc or do a firmware update?

Thanks in advance

I suggest you start reading the post on the link below and then make your mind up "BUT" defo do "NOT" pay them a penny for subs

http://www.techkings.org/starview/40897-starview-users-our-opinion-until-channels-back-if-ever.html

I suggest you start reading the post on the link below and then make your mind up "BUT" defo do "NOT" pay them a penny for subs

So the channels are not back?

He only gave me it because the channels had gone, so he went and bought a dreambox 800 HD, he had heard that the starview had come back online and offered me it if i wanted to try...

Reckon its best for me to get a dreambox HD instead of even trying to get this to work?

Thanks in advane

He only gave me it because the channels had gone, so he went and bought a dreambox 800 HD, he had heard that the starview had come back online and offered me it if i wanted to try...

Reckon its best for me to get a dreambox HD instead of even trying to get this to work?

Thanks in advane

If you can go Sat yes but if you dont know much about Dreamboxes i suggest you get an easy one to start off with first like the skyboxf3, if you cant go Sat route you could always get the Kryptview box either the Sd a780 or the Hd A850 box, but i do suggest you read the link i gave you.

If you can go Sat yes but if you dont know much about Dreamboxes i suggest you get an easy one to start off with first like the skyboxf3, if you cant go Sat route you could always get the Kryptview box either the Sd a780 or the Hd A850 box, but i do suggest you read the link i gave you.

Ok thanks for the heads up dude!!!

LANEYEFS chgeck the qaum rate as if you change it you will get som e channels but only sky sport 1 2 3 4 and some others

Are these sly f3 easy to set up am only a woman lol bored housewifey

---------- Post Merged at 06:40 PM ----------

Am only using sv till it runs out anyway for sports then gunna sling it load of s¡¡¡t gunna av a go sortin f3 hopefully mite need bit of help lads thanx in advance i no theres a tutorial but am a woman ;-);-);-)

Simple to set up you should have no problem if you where able to get your sv going you can do this no prob at all :)

Get the box from dcreceivers.co.uk your channel file will be on it plus the image, all you need then is the magic line and your done ;)

Cheers box im pretty sure il do it well i hope so let u no ow i get on not ordered it yet but cheers for the info

Cheers box im pretty sure il do it well i hope so let u no ow i get on not ordered it yet but cheers for the info

I can recommend dcreceivers.com for the box if you need further info or help just post

Last edited:

Thanks in advane
Dont rule out KV cable box as you already have the "right tools" for it just a one off payment for a box and your then sub free with all the channels..!!

Back