Starview Super USB Problem In Ireland

I wouldn't count on it Port ;) OK looking at it again, yes its the emulator that has been compromised, (it is ***** either way ).

What I don't get is why crack the emulator on the SV4 now from a CC perspective? There are a lot more channels not clearing than reported. The channels not clearing are still on the 1800 stream and PIDs are fine, so the emulator is f**ked.

Sorry for the language I am tired and there is no help coming from any of the usual places, I wonder why ?

Last edited:
mmm, the chan change on the other SV's are slow, but working, I wonder if the XL is losing chans as they are from the same company, as I think, the modded firmware thats running on the other SV's were created by another source, but the SV4 is from Starview themselves, so there may be something that peeps could look at from a firmware perspective

Hi lads anyone tell me why the super usb box is losing some channels but the starvie* 3 is fine .
i tried the usual rescan and factory reset but no joy
Thanks

From a firmware perspective Mick all firmware versions for the SV4 have the same problem. Some older revisions will have better channel change, but thats not much good.

Its not a firmware issue its an emulator problem, (I know its incorporated). It is down to the way it calls the map, this has been compromised by our friends. The bigger question is why do this to one emu now during an encryption upgrade?

If you read into it, it may actually be a good thing. Given the three streams that are present, why try to change the 1800 one to kill one emulator, (or partially kill it)?

I have sent a log elsewhere and see what can be ascertained from it. Although the support on the SV is far from what it used to be, (the stream info hasnt gone there).

Last edited:
Good stuff scouser,

but if ya look at the older models of SV, SV1, box etc, they seem to be Ok as the firmware was "changed" by himself, just the SV4 seems to effected in this case as it came from SV themselves, I can stand corrected on this, Havent seen any reports on the XL going bananas yet.........

I agrre with ya on support mate, gone to the wall............

There is no SV Mick ;) But I understand what you are saying about who was involved in the older models and the SV4 was looked after by our Eastern friends, who just dont seem to have the same understanding.

The SV is only a modded STB from elsewhere, from both a hardware and firmware point of view. Smoke and mirrors also add to its sales :)

starview 4

hi all, does anybody know if there will ever be a fix for starview 4, when i factory reset 1.09
ver it still comes up before i put it back in , thanks freeway7

im on c****s true cable,( sv4 usb) in cork,came home this evening and almost have no channels atall not even tg4 rte2 etc,any ideas guys?

seems a bit sudden to me considering channels on n** were disappearing gradually. my channels on c****s were fine this morning on the sv4 usb and are now gone but on my sv3 they are fine so im guessing theres a fault with the sv4 firmware .

most likely moh, mine has gradually be going for a few weeks now,have you got 8882 on the display panel when it is switched on.

no the tom im not getting that display,all the channels were there in the morning and gone by the evening,and just as i was typing this i did another rescan and guess what all my channels are back.

Back