STB Emu - Amazon Firestick 4k Freezing - Possible Fix

mark8par

I am running a Firestick 4k with STB Emu version 1.1.9. Was having issues with it freezing and locking up, it would then boot me out. The fix I have found that works for me is to download VLC player and make it your default player, exit from the app, clear cache and restart.

Hopefully that will work for you, it has done for me unto now.

M

There a firmware update for this issue

Please update your Amazon Firestick 4K's firmware (Settings -> My Fire TV -> About -> Check for Updates) to the latest version 6.2.6.4 (all components) to fix the issue of Firestick 4K haning/freezing/losing sound on various streams.

It seems the hardware issue has finally been fixed by Amazon.

You can install the application on your Fire TV by downloading the latest APK from Android instructions page.

Smart IPTV

Just to clarify the posts above refer to 2 different apps..............

Post 1 is for STB emu

Post 2 is for Smart IPTV

My post was taken from siptv which is the website for Smart IPTV BUT the firmware update applies to the 4K Fire device and addresses all issues of instability on the device (not the Smart IPTV or STB apps specifcally).

Hi All, i am having trouble recently with my channel list on stbemu pro. The portal loads and all option of tv are available, once i click on any the channel list does not appear, has this happen to anyone? Any fixes? Im using fire stick 4k.

restart router and wait for it to come online - make sure filters such as sky sheild are off, once done restart device and check. if that fails - clear cache in the settings of the device. do not clear data, make sure you select clear cache.

restart router and wait for it to come online - make sure filters such as sky sheild are off, once done restart device and check. if that fails - clear cache in the settings of the device. do not clear data, make sure you select clear cache.

I have done that after speaking with my provider, i have also factory reset my fire stick, new stbemu and new mac, and still channel list not apearing. I also took it one step further and connected my fire stick to the hot spot on my phone. Still same result no channel list.

Change the mac and ask supplier to set up a trial for testing purpose using a different mac.................

Change the mac and ask supplier to set up a trial for testing purpose using a different mac.................
I have changed my mac adresse once already and still same problem, are you suggesting having new mac with different provider only for trial purpose.

I have changed my mac adresse once already and still same problem, are you suggesting having new mac with different provider only for trial purpose.

You can also do that - ask in the relevant section. not sure what response you will get as you have no intention to sub lol

I am running a Firestick 4k with STB Emu version 1.1.9. Was having issues with it freezing and locking up, it would then boot me out. The fix I have found that works for me is to download VLC player and make it your default player, exit from the app, clear cache and restart.

Hopefully that will work for you, it has done for me unto now.

M
Im using vpn unlimited bruv try that it s a lifetime membership works great

Hi All, i am having trouble recently with my channel list on stbemu pro. The portal loads and all option of tv are available, once i click on any the channel list does not appear, has this happen to anyone? Any fixes? Im using fire stick 4k.
This is down to your provider, I had the same issue recently until my provider changed panel providers. Seen loads of people using mags and stb app have the same issue.

Back