Stb mac

Idledawn

Hi All..
I know the mac on the stb- emu can be changed / cloned to suit your existing original device.. however with the enormous popularity of streaming iptv, its apparent & obvious its now not rocket science for peeps to be using someone’s existing mac & connection come to think of it .. as its only 6 digits ww:xx:yy & aswe all know what it starts with.. is it at all possible not to use the popular characters we use : ex :// could you send supplier a mac of say do:na:ld:du:ck:12
Regards
ID

Hi All..
I know the mac on the stb- emu can be changed / cloned to suit your existing original device.. however with the enormous popularity of streaming iptv, its apparent & obvious its now not rocket science for peeps to be using someone’s existing mac & connection come to think of it .. as its only 6 digits ww:xx:yy & aswe all know what it starts with.. is it at all possible not to use the popular characters we use : ex :// could you send supplier a mac of say do:na:ld:du:ck:12
Regards
ID
Just using the 26 letters of the alphabet and 10 numbers 0-9 for your Mac code gives you a combination of:
Two billion, one hundred and seventy-six million, seven hundred and eighty-two thousand, three hundred and thirty-six varience!
Which I think is more than enough for each supplier!
I'm certain others will correct me if my maths are not up to par

What you need to think of is its not the mac they scan it's the port number in the dns that throws all the hits no matter how many times you change letters or numbers on the mac it will still throw it up as it gives them the full url plus mac

I can tell the teachers are off school Lol..
So can the 00:1a:xx be replaced by say
Ab:cd:ee or do providers server no allow
ID

Update:
I’m just trialling/ min sub & a random mac totally diff from our 00:**:7* that prob most use.. currently accepted & working without issues.. provider accepting .. will update .,
Regards
ID

Back