stream from an FTP site

hi all,

ive been using the H2s for a while and it pretty much offers everything i need, all channels and the addition of IPTV means pretty much all the tele i need, i have a private FTP server and was wondering could i configure my Zgemma box to access it and play movies / tv shows via streaming rather than download first.

sort of a private IPTV.

anybody any ideas if this can be done, all posts i keep coming across seem to be streaming the other way, from the box to a pc. tablet or mobile, if i could modify IPTV player to read my FTP server i think that would work, but dont have the programming knowledge

Thanks in advance

thanks for your reply,

i must apologise, the message was sent quickly, i have a seedbox which on my pc i open via HTTP, right click the link and copy address, i paste this into VLC and it starts streaming the movie / show.

i would like to be able to do this from my box rather than pc, im guessing the APPs on IPTV player do this, but googling IPTV player comes up with loads of results, i asked the question in case a member had already done this or similar, i can access the seedbox by either HTTP or FTP

thanks

Are you trying to access your local media through the zgemma box and if so, where is the media stored?

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

the media is stored online, not locally.

as mentioned i would think possible if i could edit the IPTV options, ive read that it can be done through KODI, but i dont have KODI on my box, would it be easier to install KODI and attempt to configure it through that

My laptop can access my local shares when I'm away from house so I think you could probably access online storage to stream to your device at home , might need a owncloud or next cloud or Google drive plugin or something tho???

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Back