Stream openwebif to Samsung smart tv settings?

andypa1

Hi guys,

I’m loving this box, everything working really nicely. Just one more thing I need to get running. Openwebif is working nicely from a laptop at my girlfriends house but I want it to work on her telly too.

She has a samsung smart tv with the SS IPTV app installed : [url]http://ss-iptv.com/en/[/URL]

has anyone done this before and know how to setup? it’s asking for playlists which I don’t have from my zgemma box. I’m also unsure how to pull m3u playlists from my box / openwebif.

Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers,
Andy

I presume you have set up an external network for this. yes. Or is the zgemma on the same internal network as the tv.

There is a very easy way to do this. I tried this the other day and it works very well.

On Samsung tvs there is an app in the hub called Smart IPTV. its in lifestyles. This is free for 7 days. URLs to visit are in the app. After 7 days its a one off payment of about 5 euros. Its a very nice presented app.

Now to create your playlist.

open openwebif on a computer and press the blue tv screen screen icon next to your "all channels" bouquet (presuming you have one).

This will download all your files as services.m3u

now upload the m3u to the url mentioned in the smart iptv apps already on your tv, or add it as a playlist to that Russian one.

You should now have access to all your channels on the tv if done properly

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ----------

** open up your playlist in vlc player first and delete all the crappy channels you don't want. then resave a m3u file. You now have a nice clean channel list.

Having spent an evening doing this i'm now an expert! Couldn't find the app you said on my tv model but the one I mentioned worked great. HD channels are streaming so nicely. Amazing stuff this!!

have you tested that the .3mu file works from a laptop? How have you uploaded the file, through their website?

Yeah just through Russian boys Web page I cam see the channels but when you try to play it says failed I have watched iptv on this before Ivery had the app for about a year

---------- Post Merged at 01:34 PM ----------

http://siptv.eu/mylist/

if you've checked that the playlist is working from a laptop it must be a problem with the config of the app on the tv. Is authentification enabled? if so you'll probably need to enter your openwebif username and password

Hi
I've followed the instructions and I can get some channels to work but not others it just says "can't connect"

They all work on the computer using vlc.

Thanks

Try to get webfi to work on laptop open webfi have channel list , open vlc , cant get it to play On mac

---------- Post Merged at 09:55 PM ----------

Try to get webfi to work on laptop open webfi have channel list , open vlc , cant get it to play On mac , have it working on my own laptop but on sons mac unable , has his own ip on box

Hi all

just tried doing this and have got all the channels (EPG) showing on the app but i cannot seem to get it to load. I get connecting, cannot connect and restarting status on the app but the channels will not load. is there an authentication that will need to be configured on the zgemma h2s? (using wobshman ATV build)

There's only two apps that I know of SS IPTV which is free and smart IPTV which is £5.

Im not sure if there's another way of adding channel lists, but if there is I'd be keen to know as well ;-)

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Ss iptv can’t switch channels on zgemma and Kodi can do that. When I try on ssiptv then work channels from one transponder. Now I use raspberry pi with Kodi and now work everything.

I was doing the same thing, taking a channel list/bouquet from my zgemma using openwebif to produce the services.m3u8 file and loading that to the smart iptv app on my lg tv which worked but the smart iptv app is slow to clear channels with zapping channels.

I was going to try the duplex app.......but that requires a URL unlike smart iptv which also allowed a m3u file. Any ideas on how i can create a URL for all channels on my zgemma.?

Back