Stream Quality

nilo73

Morning all,

I'd be grateful for any advice on the following:

I'm using StbEmu Pro on the 4k Firestick connected to a LG 4k tv.

Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of most sports streams when viewing in full screen? They're great when viewed in the preview pane as I browse through the channel guide, but shockingly bad on full screen, A friend of mine uses the same supplier and says the quality of his streams are great..........? Within stb I've tried altering the video output, graphic resolution and auto framerate settings, but they revert back upon restart and I've also had a go at changing the stb model and screen resolution settings, but there's been no improvement.

I also have a vermin sub and the hd quality of that on the same tv is great.

You could always take a trial and compare the streams which you say are bad to the ones on a test

Have you tried vlc player mxplyer or a trial from a different provider what version stb emu are you using

Thanks for all your replies chaps.

BT Sports 1, 2 & 3 are pretty good, a lot clearer although not perfect , but they're 50% better than the sky channels...

NazoDoop - It could be the tv, but I hope it's not as it's great with other media sources and the 4k is superb.

bazcfc1 - I've posted on the iptv request thread and will take a couple of trials

I have vlc installed and had to remove mxplayer as it wouldn't clear channels when chosen. VLC player doesn't make any difference when chosen.

I can't remember what the original version was, but I recently installed 1.2.0.4, which showed the stb model as being mag254. It hasn't improved on the original version.

From what I recall the Sky Sports channels on IPTV have never been great, and yes BT sport is usually better PQ

If you have another TV in the house test the Firestick on that, if the quality is still the same it may just be the stream quality from your provider

Morning all,

I'd be grateful for any advice on the following:

I'm using StbEmu Pro on the 4k Firestick connected to a LG 4k tv.

Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of most sports streams when viewing in full screen? They're great when viewed in the preview pane as I browse through the channel guide, but shockingly bad on full screen, A friend of mine uses the same supplier and says the quality of his streams are great..........? Within stb I've tried altering the video output, graphic resolution and auto framerate settings, but they revert back upon restart and I've also had a go at changing the stb model and screen resolution settings, but there's been no improvement.

I also have a vermin sub and the hd quality of that on the same tv is great.

Nilo I would use stb emu (on firesticks), smart STB and mag devices all the time and generally use the ljk player as it tends to like most media formats put out by suppliers when it comes to playing vod etc sometimes it doesn't like the others. The only thing I change when setting up is the buffer rate but I don't do that for picture quality I haven't really had an issue in that regard.

I think you should try what bazcfc1 has suggested by trailing another providers streams, even if you don't wish to switch over it could atleast give you a root cause as to what's happening there if the picture did improve with the alternate provider.

Back