Streaming from zegamma box to android box

ls12crew

So was wondering if there is a way to stream from my zegemma h.2s which is in my living room to a android box in bedroom and have some control over the zegemma from my android box such as changing channel etc, Once ive gone to bed no one is using the zegemma so if possible the android box would have full control and no one in the other room messing with it.

DreamPlayer is your friend.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

DreamEPG is a nice app too but more useful on a phone or tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give them a go think i will try DreamPlayer first then move down the list of suggestions thanks guys.

Also can i use my android box to change channels and such on my zegemma with any of these and it steam it back to me using my internal network to android box.

Last edited by a moderator:
kodi with vu pvr addon, or dreamplayer or dreamdroid, I find with some channels on kodi vu player addon it has most of the features that you are asking for but some channels I find from my own experience lag and stutter like crazy, I suppose it depends on how good the android box you are using and how powerful it is.

I use dreamplayer cannot fault it, actually at the moment it is showing channels better than the zgemma is. Was watching a channel just last night that kept freezing on the zgemma and was fine through dreamplayer on the android box.

kodi with vu pvr addon, or dreamplayer or dreamdroid, I find with some channels on kodi vu player addon it has most of the features that you are asking for but some channels I find from my own experience lag and stutter like crazy, I suppose it depends on how good the android box you are using and how powerful it is.
Yeah, I use Kodi on a Pi3 with the add on and it works well. I find it too slow on a fire stick so that's where DreamPlayer is better.

The box i was going to use is an MXQ which is a low budget one But also have a couple m8s kicking about just need to reflash them but the have more power than the MXQ but will see how it goes, Ive just tested tiMote from google playstore and it kind of throws the stream from the zegemma box to Kodi but does seem to work ok except for any channels that are from a IPTV sub as if i try the screen goes blue on the zegemma with a crash screen but any normal channels that are fta or the ones left running from cc server stream fine, One thing to note is ive done this testing on my phone sony Z5 as it was much more easy than going back and forth to the MXQ box in the bedroom this way i could test apps in frount of the zegemma and then when i see what works for me best will try on my MXQ which i know since they are different devices and specs may not work the same but atleast i could get a feel for what i wanted this way.

Timote is good but for some reason if i try watch any channel that is iptv the box will just crash (wooshbuild blue screen) and reboot, still not had chance to others yet up to my neck in android boxes that trying to set up for family LOL.

Timote is good but for some reason if i try watch any channel that is iptv the box will just crash (wooshbuild blue screen) and reboot, still not had chance to others yet up to my neck in android boxes that trying to set up for family LOL.
To be honest if you want to stream IPTV to an android device you'd be better off using Smart IPTV or something similar directly on the device.

Another option I'm testing out besides using kodi on my android box is perfect player, you use openwebif to generate a playlist and then ftp the playlist to your android box, go on the box and find the playlist and point perfect player at it but that wont pick up a epg, what I did is go to somewhere like rytec and download a epg source from there and ftp that to the box too and point perfect player at that for the epg source in the settings.

Seems awfully complicated doing it that way when there are dedicated mechanisms to interact with OpenWebif ?

Back