Streaming

No1gooner

TK Veteran
Ok so I'm interested to know if anyone with the new box has used it for streaming yet and is it a massive improvement over the 2s?

Oh it so is - got my box last night and set up. Once I'm happy with image will upload a backup here. TSMedia is still pants but iptv addon very good and web browser is nice and quick too. I still have to port over my QHDTV account if it will let me...if not it's only another £10 for 3 months.

Ok thanks for the reply, in all fairness iptv works good on the 2s, it's ruya I'm more interested in streaming better, if I stream in sd it's ok but the s2 seems to struggle with live hd streams so I'm hoping the h2s won't disappoint, all will be revealed tomorrow!

as MT says, it really is a lot better - I find the star 2s ok at times and iffy at other times. the h2s is rarely a problem, though I have had a couple of issues recently BUT I am on overhead telephone wires, at the end of the line on a country lane - so a lot of opportunities for poor connections, disruption due to weather, wind etc

I also think that whoever provides the download etc can be an issue. I was watching the steve jobs docufilm last night and it started 'on a go slow' - I fast forwarded and it played fine, I went back to where it was stuttering and it kept happening in exactly the same point in the move, yet when I skipped a few minutes it played perfectly fine. after 3 or 4 times, surely that cant be a coincidence?

so it might not always be the receiver, as I said, the star 2s wasn't that bad, but the h2s is MUCH better - as hopefully you will be finding out when your early Christmas present arrives today !!!

ps, I am also finding that iptv is more reliable than ts media and a lot of the polish 'sections; have lots of English speaking movies though yify and vumoo seem to be the best

Last edited:
Ok got the day off tomorrow to get all set up so will report back tomorrow at some point, obviously the cpu plays an important part when streaming and as the h2s is a dual core I've no doubt I'll have a lot more luck and less faffing about whilst streaming!

slightly off topic, but hopefully helpful? just follow on screen instructions on how to set up and then add slyk 1 skin. you will need to install a cam, I find 1.35a to be more reliable (but couldn't find it in plug ins anywhere so downloaded it from elsewhere), and a softcam manager (that can be got from plug ins) and then ftp those and your special files over to the receiver. I used the autobouquets from plug ins, but its not brilliant, but works. I also deleted all the none uk channel lists using ftp, so it tidies things up a bit.

hopefully MT will release his H2S pre prepared image soon, I have always used his on the star 2s (even though I hate his start up screen - hint, hint ....)

Well I received the box today and must say the speed difference compared to the 2s is impressive, literally just glide's from menu to menu, so far I haven't seen the spinner once only when booting obviously!
The remote is way more responsive and is a lot nicer to use then the 2s remote, I like the clickeness of the buttons.
All in all couldn't be happier with it, defiantly gets a thumbs up!

Back