Struggling to load Oscam on Zgemma 2S with openAtv 6.4

atiq1

Hello Guys!
Using Grogbuild FR (via Putty route), I loaded this box (used for VM previously before subscription ran out) with OpenAtv 6.4.
I have been looking through various posts to get Oscam file on but got lost in the maze of information in different posts and answers.
My provider tells me that going frorward I would well advised to use Oscam.
I was looking for a step by step guide from this point onwards. Once loaded and Oscam active, I would request a test line.
Any help please?

Hello Guys!
Using Grogbuild FR (via Putty route), I loaded this box (used for VM previously before subscription ran out) with OpenAtv 6.4.
I have been looking through various posts to get Oscam file on but got lost in the maze of information in different posts and answers.
My provider tells me that going frorward I would well advised to use Oscam.
I was looking for a step by step guide from this point onwards. Once loaded and Oscam active, I would request a test line.
Any help please?

The 2s is a sat only box, not cable
If you've recently flashedGrogbuild, you can install oscam emu softcam from plugins/green/softcams

You should have oscam already on your box, if you are using grogbuild, you then need to get your test line, then if you use filezilla , put the line into, etc, tuxbox, config, oscam emu, or whatever one you are using, then right click on server file, then view/edit and put your line in there, exit out, then blue button, select oscam and then re start softcam. You said you have used this box for VM before, are you sure its not a h2h box?

Last edited:
Very Strange! I bought it as a cable box H1 more than two years ago and used it as such successfully with a VM subscription line but recently while accessing the box through Putty (using the correct IP address for this box) and loading Grogbuild FR it showed up as Zgemma s2s.
To test it after the flash, using the usual top left feed (Known as Tuner B, for Cable ), it successfully scanned all the channels including FTA for my region without any problem.
I shall try to load Oscam by your suggested method. Many thanks

Very Strange! I bought it as a cable box H1 more than two years ago and used it as such successfully with a VM subscription line but recently while accessing the box through Putty (using the correct IP address for this box) and loading Grogbuild FR it showed up as Zgemma s2s.
To test it after the flash, using the usual top left feed (Known as Tuner B, for Cable ), it successfully scanned all the channels including FTA for my region without any problem.
I shall try to load Oscam by your suggested method. Many thanks
It can do that on webif to. If you have had a cable sub on it its a cable box. What connection is going to the box ?? Sat dish or a cable line connection. Might even be both.

moshibeth! I only ever used VM Cable feed Via F connector on Top left. Never used the other. I am not confident about how to use webif on this box.
grahamer67! since I have only recently uploaded Grog FR, how do I check mgcamd status Pl ?

Told you in my earlier post, blue button, softcam, softcam set up, see whats on the top line and scroll across and see what softcams are there

Told you in my earlier post, blue button, softcam, softcam set up, see whats on the top line and scroll across and see what softcams are there
Sorry Guys! this Cable box now has OpenATV 6.4 using Grog FR. I have tried various avenues to get to Softcam menu but no luck including the above suggested Blue button which brings me to menu like " Software Manager" "System" "Mounts" etc........ "Plugins" "Harddisc" But no Softcam.
Going into Plugins is no help either.
I know Softcam menu is there hiding some where but I have failed to find it. Under the Original old Zgemma software I had no problem accessing the Softcam menu and adding the gift line via FileZilla.
Using Filezilla today, It does not connect to my box with a message " This Server does not support FTP over TLS" The idea was to add a Test line to check out.
Just tried Putty and it connects me to the box via Telnet alright.
I need to get to Softcam menu somehow. Any further suggestions Pl!

When you get that message in filezilla, just press ok, then it should connect, plus on openatv 6.4, you need to set up a password. You should have the same settings in softcams as others who are using grogbuild, can you put a screenshot up?

Sorry Guys! this Cable box now has OpenATV 6.4 using Grog FR. I have tried various avenues to get to Softcam menu but no luck including the above suggested Blue button which brings me to menu like " Software Manager" "System" "Mounts" etc........ "Plugins" "Harddisc" But no Softcam.
Going into Plugins is no help either.
I know Softcam menu is there hiding some where but I have failed to find it.

Press red>softcam setup

Back