Struggling to scan for UK channels on Zgemma h7s - total noob

I just bought a H7S to upgrade from a Humax box I had for Freesat channels as I wanted to have Saorview and Freesat from the same source. I can get Saorview on the automatic scan but not the UK channels. I followed the settings I saw in a recent thread for the 3 tuners but no joy. Is there some really basic guide on how to do this as I am lost. I just want to give it one more try myself tonight before I tuck my tail between my legs and ring the local Satellite guy to come set it up.

How are the satellite tuners set up?
Have you tried setting them to 'automatic' so that the receiver detects automatically what satellite it is connected to?

How are the satellite tuners set up?
Have you tried setting them to 'automatic' so that the receiver detects automatically what satellite it is connected to?
First I tried automatic assuming it would pick up the same as my Humax had. When that didnt work I copied this from a recent thread
tuner a: Si2169D (DVB-S2X)
Single
sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
TUNER B: same as A
Tuner C: Si2168 (combined DVB-C/T2)
Disabled
I may have been naive with thinking this would be fairly easy given that I don't mind fiddling around with tech but I usually work on less niche things like PCs so there are loads of youtube videos to guide the way!

Youll need Tuner C enabled for Soarview.

Are you just manually scanning or using autobouqetsmaker ?

@cactikid should be able to help you with soarview.

Youll need Tuner C enabled for Soarview.

Are you just manually scanning or using autobouqest maker ?

@cactikid should be able to help you with soarview.
I used automatic scan. I did try autobouquet and got the Irish channels all nicely arranged (lost them again when trying to rescan for UK channels)

You can either using the scanning function in enigma2. Automatic has very little control, manual has more control. This does not create bouquets. Or you can use AutoBouquetsMaker which will read/scan the satellite/mast, add channels to your receiver and also create the bouquets

Which option do you want to use?

If the automatic setting in tuner setup isn't detecting anything I would suggest there may be a problem with the dish/lnb or cabling.

If the automatic setting in tuner setup isn't detecting anything I would suggest there may be a problem with the dish/lnb or cabling.
Im suspecting its cabling as I havent touched the satellite. I had a similar issue with terrestrial channels in another room when I changed TVs and the local satellite guy said that I was just lucky that I hadnt lost reception on my old TV.

H7S has 2 sat tuners you use your dish on

Third one is a combined cable / terrestrial for aerial

Saorview is used on internal or external aerial depending on how close you are to transmitter.

What aerial do you have?

H7S has 2 sat tuners you use your dish on

Third one is a combined cable / terrestrial for aerial

Saorview is used on internal or external aerial depending on how close you are to transmitter.

What aerial do you have?
I have an external aerial that was only replaced last year. I can pick up Saorview on the H7S. Its the sat tuners I am having issues with.

What aerial do you have?

I'm assuming that he's getting the saorview channels but not satellite unless I read the original post wrong?

I can get Saorview on the automatic scan but not the UK channels.
I have an external aerial that was only replaced last year. I can pick up Saorview on the H7S. Its the sat tuners I am having issues with.
That clarifies things :laughing:
If you were getting satellite on the humax and the same cables don't work on the H7 it may be something as simple as the connectors.
Some tuners need a longer length of inner core than others. Try remaking the connectors.

Just nailed a a new dish to side of my gardenpub and all working... i think have AutoBouquetMaker installed is the key cause I go straight there for scanning

Attachments

• P1020439.jpg
    P1020439.jpg
    853.7 KB · Views: 11
When setting up your tuners do you have 2 sat cables screwed onto the tuners from 28.2
Usually setup for Tuner A
Simple
Sat 28.2
Do the same on Tuner B and save and exit out
Go into Tuners and Scanning and look for Signal finder and it should show good readings on Tuner A and press >to change to Tuner B and good readings.
If no signal redo F connectors as mentioned before.

When setting up your tuners do you have 2 sat cables screwed onto the tuners from 28.2
Usually setup for Tuner A
Simple
Sat 28.2
Do the same on Tuner B and save and exit out
Go into Tuners and Scanning and look for Signal finder and it should show good readings on Tuner A and press >to change to Tuner B and good readings.
If no signal redo F connectors as mentioned before.
Thank you, I will try this when I get home from work

Not sure if the correct etiquette is to bump my own thread with a new question or if I should start a new one, but essentially, I have everything working no (channels scanned and skin installed) but I cannot get anything to record. Is there any particular settings I need to use? I have an ssd installed which the box seems to recognise but won't allow me to use as a location to save recordings.

Not sure if the correct etiquette is to bump my own thread with a new question or if I should start a new one, but essentially, I have everything working no (channels scanned and skin installed) but I cannot get anything to record. Is there any particular settings I need to use? I have an ssd installed which the box seems to recognise but won't allow me to use as a location to save recordings.
Is this for satellite channels or Iptv

Is it mounted to media/hdd and have you setup the recording and timeshift locations ?

Back