stuck on boot

Sound faniliar?
bought a zgemma star 2s
ran nthe updtae software update (140+) updates
Reboot
Now the fecker is stuck displaying "boot"
Dissapointed? I was.
Here's what I did. (worked for me - may not for you - how would I know? on;y the one box to play with after all)
ok - here goes
Get a Sandisk usb drive (tried 2 other flash drives but no joy - don't know why)
Low level format with hdd guru (i can't post links but google hddi guru. download and point it at your thumb drive.
Depending on the size of your thumb drive, <4GB keep going, >8GB get a cold beer and let hdd guru do its thing (I would post a link but < 5 posts so I can't)
When hdd guru has finished doing its thing .. right click on the drive and select format, untick "Quick format" make sure it's set to FAT32 and let Windows do its thing. Finish the beer and crack a new one!
Next, go to the dowbload for Openix mod from "sucmnsee" on this site (wish I could post the link but ... meh Do a search, regiister, post your first message on Introductions, enjoy the bounty of info on this site. Feckin awesome!!!! I'm a Newbie, but this is just what you need Thanks guys!
Now, unzip sucmnsee's image (recommend 7-zip - 7zip dot org for download) and copy the zgemma folder to the thumb drive root folder. Just zgemma folder and nothing else)
Turn off your zgemma star 2s - it;s just sitting ther shouting "boot" at you anyway.
plug your thumb drive into the usb port on the back of your box. just below the network port.
Power on the box. If everything has gone according to plan you should see the display change from the annoying "boot" message to "flsh". Your box will now load "sucmnsee"'s image and load.
Remove the thumb drive once the unit boots to a pretty cool looking alien.
"sucmnsee"' image, for me at least,had all the pluggins I wanted already plugged in. Thank you "sucmnsee"! Love that mod!
Now, reboot the box using the power button on the back to convince yourself that your problem has been eradicated
Yippee! it has!

What next?
Now, i recommend you browse the forums here on Techkings - these guys know their stuff. Want to config your box to what you think is unusual? It's not - it's all here in detail.

This site helped me and I hope this post helps others.

Notes:
This is how I got out of disappointment to a big smile. I'm guessing mileage may vary.

Or you could have made a backup of your working image before needlessly applying any updates, saved it to a usb stick, so if your system went belly up (like it did) you could simply sit back with a cup of tea whilst your backup image went back on in about 5 minutes and continued as if it were all a dream.......

Back