Suarez will stay, say Liverpool

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Liverpool are "100 percent certain" that their Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez will stay at the club after he indicated he was open to offers from rival sides, managing director Ian Ayre said on Thursday.

photo_1363867392092-1-0.jpg

Suarez's future at Anfield has come under the spotlight after he told AFP in an exclusive interview that he would be willing to talk with other clubs this summer about a move.

Ayre however played down any notion the striker, currently the top scorer in the Premier League this season with 22 goals, could leave the club after signing a four-year deal last August.

"We've been consistent with Luis. Last summer he signed a new four-year contract and we have no desire to sell Luis. He is a fantastic player and a great contributor to our team," he told BBC radio.

"We've been very honest with him and he's been very honest with us.

"There is always going to be instances, particularly leading up to the summer (transfer) window, when people are quoted or asked these questions."

Suarez said in the interview he was "very happy" at Liverpool, but conceded that "if another team comes around with more prospects of competing in international club competition games, which is willing to have (me), they are welcome".

That appeared to be a reference to the fact that Liverpool are unlikely to qualify for the Champions League for a fourth successive season.

But Ayre insisted that while other clubs would undoubtedly show interest he expected the 26-year-old to remain at Anfield.

"We are very pleased to have Luis and long may that continue," he said.

"He also says in the same interview that he feels he is in an elite team at Liverpool.

"Every player is going to get approached by clubs because that is the nature of the game.

"Every player has a choice - that's part of the game. He has a four-year contract with us and we hope he will see that through."

Suarez is in Uruguay for World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay on Friday before a trip to face Chile on Tuesday.

sounds like he is trying to lower the asking price liverpool want for him. He owes the fans at least another season for the way they stood by him over the evra scandal.

Would love another season from him but think you might be right really just saying come get me quick he is a risk though if we do sell him 50 or what ever it is will be a good price as damaged goods I think mate always good for a bite or something nutty but only good money if it respent on someone or 2 that can make the diff

i think he will stay due to his best friend cavi is joing chelsea ..wonder how the media and fa deal with other players from suarez club ??

yeah, there is a strong possibility that he will sign a new contract, i can only think, this new contract will be to insert an actual release clause when an appropriate bid is reached.

I think he will stay

I still hope that he can stay in Liverpool. Now his performance in the Premier League is amazing. I would like to stay at Liverpool if he has become a point. No matter what his final choice. I still support him. He also has a No Live Links proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will go at the end of the season

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

He will go at the end of the season

Back