Subscription costs, box specs and clones?

Edrush

Hi all

New to this site and the technology too. Done some reading here and a lot of helpful posts. Please feel free to redirect me if I am asking the same old questions :)

I was recently recommended by a friend to someone who offers a 12 month SKY UK "subscription" plus box. I understand there is cline and nline, but I dont know what is on offer by this supplier. My friend says he has no problem with the service though. The offers are for Openbox V8s (£120) and Coud Ibox 2 (£195), both plug and play.

The first question is, does this price seem normal\reasonable?

My second question relates to the boxes themselves. My budget is around £200 and I am looking for a box that is reliable, where you can record and watch something else and has Sky looking EPG if poss. I did see a post where the persons budget is £100 and the recommendations there, but is it worth spending a little more for better quality? My initial thinking was the Vu duo2. I must admin, I am someone who gets easily drawn to specs and can sometimes over spend on what I don't need :S

Lastly, I dont understand the concept of Clones. Do I have to be concerned with buying a box from the supplier above, if I decided to go with them. If I am to buy my own box, how do I avoid getting a clone? Or are clones OK and better value for money overall?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back