Sue Barker To Be Replaced As "A Question Of Sport" Host

Be nice when we can get back to a TV show having a revamp without some screeching Tory shouting that they're bowing down to BLM protestors.

But anyhow. I like Sue Barker - a national treasure imo, and Tufnell and Dawson are good, but I don't think they're relatable to a modern TV audience... too long since they were active in their respective sports. Be interesting to see who replaces them.

Another shake up whether will be for better who knows.

But all of these replacements seem to be happening to make all these groups in modern society happy.
Yes exactly.
It doesn't matter what the public want and what they've liked for the past 20/30 years, it's now time to change everything in a pathetic effort to appease the lunatics who are now calling the shots

It is f**kin ridiculous :tearsofjoy: sue barker been on that show for so long why changed something that isn't broke. Them 3 made that show hilarious,I'm also praying jeff sterling f*ks sly off.

But all of these replacements seem to be happening to make all these groups in modern society happy.
stuff these band wagon groups imo, our four nations don't have a problem with half the things people shout from their soap boxes

Last edited:
Another shake up whether will be for better who knows.

I think the BBC are one step ahead of many other broadcasters with their diversity so don't think it's down to that personally.

Again diversity for the sake of diversity is not the way to go just to please certain groups out there.

If your good enough then that's fine.

But changing things to get with the times so to speak is a BS reason imo.

So don't replace anyone on TV till they die or you're doing it to pander to minorities.

And don't replace them with anyone black/female/lesbian/disabled or you're doing so to appease do gooders, regardless of whether the replacement is any good they shall be judged solely on their colour/sex/sexuality/disability.

If there good then yes replace them with such people.

But at this moment in time changes being made by sky and bbc and others is just to make it look like they are in line with modern culture and times.

They are not making such changes in the belief that it's talent for talent.

Too many groups and snowflakes out there who would complain over such small details. That's the fekked up world we live in today.

TV presenters and pundits are routinely replaced all the time - the snowflakes are the ones screeching that it's all about appeasing minorities.

Watching Optus Sport right now for the West Brom v Leicester. Pundits were Emile Heskey and Tim Sherwood. Co-commentator is Leon Osman (Somali heritage.) If this was a newly formed line up to replace Ron Atkinson, Mike Basset and Joe Kinnear there'd be an outcry.

Old and/or white equates to stale and outdated.
Young and of ethnic origin equals cool and trendy.
Except youngsters can't be a pundit of anything, they've not been around long enough...how can they be an expert on football and tactics? -they're not even an expert on being alive having only left school a few years ago

Virtually everyone on TV has a shelf life. Other than people of the standing of Bruce Forsyth, William Roache, Trevor McDonald, Judy Dench and the like, they will all be replaced with younger people at some point. This has ALWAYS been the case, not just in the current climate that all the snowflakes seem to latch onto lately.

They are replaced when the time is right for them to leave, EG the ratings are falling or they're not holding the audience's attention.
They are not usually replaced at the height of their popularity for no reason other than the colour of their skin or their age

Old and/or white equates to stale and outdated.
Young and of ethnic origin equals cool and trendy.
Except youngsters can't be a pundit of anything, they've not been around long enough...how can they be an expert on football and tactics? -they're not even an expert on being alive having only left school a few years ago

This Is so Very True,

When she Barker was appointed people no doubt said she was a token woman haha.

And height of popularity? They been presenting the show longer than a lot of the target audience have been alive. Tuffers and Dawson are still on there? Feels like they've been doing that show for 25 years. Hard to imagine anyone knows who they are outside of that show now.

Couldn't care less as there is literally no one who they could appoint that would make me want to watch that show, but I cant imagine Barker tuffers and Dawson would get the gig if they were casting a fresh show. Hard to think of a more beige trio.

Back