Sue Barker To Be Replaced As "A Question Of Sport" Host

If you think the BBC have made a knee jerk reaction to appease recent publicity, then quite frankly you're thick. Really thick. We (the licence payer) will have funded countless studies into equality and diversity. The beeb, of all broadcasters, will have been falling over themselves to be representative of their viewers and participants of the subject they're covering for years.

And height of popularity?

That's the kind of sensationalist, exaggerated statements some on here routinely make. One of the finest female tennis players this country ever produced is at the height of her popularity at the age of 64, because she does a telly quiz show :laughing:

Only because of this thread did I realise those three were still on the show, occasionally it starts before I switch motd off in the early hours of Sunday morning.

They were doing that show before facebook and smart phones and were invented, yet it's not due a refresh?

Only because of this thread did I realise those three were still on the show, occasionally it starts before I switch motd off in the early hours of Sunday morning.

They were doing that show before facebook and smart phones and were invented, yet it's not due a refresh?
No one said it's not due a refresh.
And what's Facebook got to do with anything?
Perhaps they should move it to BBC Three, which was very popular before they moved to online only and now no one watches anything on it.
QOS, whether younger viewers watch it or not, was one of bbc more popular programmes.
But it seems they're happy to lose a few million older viewers (who incidentally have paid off their mortgages and cars and whose kids have left home, making them a lucrative audience) on the hope of gaining half a dozen penniless students in the name of being trendy.
As it happens bbc don't advertise, which is just as well really

Yah they don't care about disposable income as adverts do not fund the BBC.

They do care about serving their audience though, and 40 / 50 year old sport fans who think bill Beaumont is still missed is not their target Friday night audience. And they need young people to value the BBC in an age where the licence fee is under pressure

People who haven't been relevent in their sports this century might get moved on every 20 years or so. And they won't care if that upsets you or me. As we are not who they trying to please

Back