Suggestions. automotive adhesive black

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
Can anyone recommend a automotive adhesive in black that i could pick up on bank holiday monday or get delivered. I scraped the lower spoiler on my mazda 3 sport black nav and its pulled away in the middle but still secure at the edges.. It seems to have been secured at the factory with some type of very strong tape. I have tried to remove it with scraping and using a blade and allcohol and even a rasp. After this i have tried toad tape and kept it in place by securing with a small scissor jack. I left 30mins but its just pulled away. I need something really strong that i can secure for nearly 24 hours.

Tiger seal all the way used a few over the years Tiger seal has impressed me the most.

About 45 mins this time of the year in warmer months around 30mins

Id usually not drive the car till the following day though, done spoilers side skirts boot lips etc never had it fail.

Never used tiger tape to be honest if ive needed tape i use 3m stuff.

Tiger seal all the way used a few over the years Tiger seal has impressed me the most.
i saw a rep in travis perkins glue a cast iron manhole cover together using ct1.

left it 30 minutes and then dropped it on the floor , the bond held perfectly.

ct1 / ob1 hybrid adhesives are relatively new. give them a go, they even bond wet surfaces together (y)

Tip for you with tape mate use a adhesion promoter both side that type you use before painting a plastic bumper, let it cure for 24hrs then apply the tape. it really helps.

Unfortunately there is old adhesive still on the trim as it's still in place. I know we are supposed to clean these items throughly but honestly I've never see stuff like this before. I even snapped a blade trying to get it off. I ended up with chisel trying to get remove the old glue . I've only got an inch gap to work with. My hope was it's that good that it would adher to the old stuff as well.

So went with the tiger silicon adhesive this morning. It's was only £9.19 at euro parts. I've put it on a used a scissor jack to keep it in place. If it does not work it try the other options.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_115250.jpg
    IMG_20220418_115250.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 10
If that doesn't work then deffo CT1
I've not heard of that tiger stuff before, must give it a try,
But it will be hard to beat CT1

Back