Support Request For Choosing a Cable Box UK.

Ti4MaT

Im looking to upgrade my box.

In the past i have had the KV A850HD (which broke)

Then,

Jumped ship to Sat and got a Openbox V8s (subscription now ended)

Instead of just renewing my subscription on the V8s i thought i might see what my options are as far as HD cable boxes are? I miss having the HD channels as the subs on the V8s are all Standard Definition. and the KV A850HD's are hard to find and overpriced.

Ideally i want a cable box that i can record on, i want it to be better than the KV box i had in the past.

Back when i had my KV box it used to glitch and drop out regularly, some days worse than others, are the subscriptions for cable box's more reliable now? Its been over a year since i used a cable box,
so my experience is a little behind now.

Which cable box would you recommend for my needs?

Is it easy to find and buy reliable subscriptions for it?

Thank's for support! :(y):

Your probably best suited to a Zgemma H2H, that way you can run both sky and cable on the box and its reasonably priced at £90 with many builds on here for you to set up with, the connections/lines are not a problem either as you can request them in the relevant general sky or cable sections. Hope this helps!

Edison mega has a triple tuner option can be had for about £180 sub prices vary for sat and cable so it depends which setup you go for. Technomate also do a triple tuner solution

Have a look at the MutantHD51, twin cable receiver, great receiver for £189. Very fast and responsive ;-)

Id say about £200

Whats a rough price for reliable sub for cable?

If your prepared to pay £200 for a box then you can now change from a range of boxes, however if you go for the Zgemma H2h you'll have the box and the connections for sky and vm and have change back. " the decision is yours"

Why go for a Zgemma when he could have a combination of two cable and one sat, two sat and one cable for his budget?

if it's just cable you're after go for a Vu+ Uno 4k or Mutant HD51 both 4k and able to record with the Uno 4k giving you 8 tuners.

Thanks everyone for your responses, truly am greatful

@garyth

You got me sold on the zgemma h2h fella, reasonably priced, worlds apart from the kv and v8s box i owned. Just looked at some videos on the wooshbuild. And i like it, its impressive. I can tell that alot of effort went into making that build and it shows!

Theres alot of features i seen on wooshbuild i didnt even know were possible, non of the box's i owned ever had the EPG working, but apparently it can be downloaded and auto updated on wooshbuild? And so can the build itself?

I seen that not all usb sticks are compatible with the h2h, do you know if my samsung microfit 128gb flash drive will work with it? (Its usb 3.0)

Is there a list of compatible flash drives for the h2h?

Theres two builds i can see in the firmware section for zgemma, wooshbuild and dsayers2014 openatv image, does each build work with both cable and sky or do i have to choose one depending on which one im going to use?

I also seen the h25 on zgemma site, not worth the extra money? I read that it has slighty better picture quality on another thread.

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
You can honestly do a lot better than a Zgemma, especially if you've got £200 to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i have to confess

I said 200 cos i didnt really know what sort of pricing these box's were these days let alone which box to commit too, i wrote 200 cos thats what the maximum i was prepared to spend was, not because i wanted to spend 200 lol

It also means i can get something alot quicker £89.99 is ideal, having spent £300 on the a850hd when they first came out only for it to overheat and die on me 2 years later, lesson learnt.

And i only got a 1080p tv right now

Appologies.

Last edited:
Back