switch to sky fibre

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I am currently on 200mb Virgin broadband but our teenage son has moved out so thinking the 200mb is a bit of an overkill, he was always playing online games, streaming etc. we do very little of that.

I was thinking of dropping to the 50mb virgin but then I looked at sky fibre unlimited and they claim I will only get up to 40mb, but it works out about £8/cheaper a month (after allowing for setup fees) than the 50mb on virgin.

I've been with virgin for years and years and had no problems and never really thought about switching before.

I am hoping someone can tell me how they get on with sky? is it worth paying an extra £8 for the extra 10mb?

The one benefit of sticking with virgin is that if 50mb is not fast enough I can easily upgrade to faster, whereas I can't if I switch to sky.

See what they offer you first
But I would stick with virgon

Only problem with the lower speeds are you get limited more than the higher speeds

But if you don't use it no problem

I'm with Sky on the 40 mb package and it runs fine for me, I use streaming, gaming etc, but is it worth the hassle of switching to only save £8 a month?

Imagine if you switched and had problems, you would then be stuck with Sky. If VM is reliable for you then I would stick with them, depends how much you need £8 each month.

I'm with Sky on the 40 mb package and it runs fine for me, I use streaming, gaming etc, but is it worth the hassle of switching to only save £8 a month?

Imagine if you switched and had problems, you would then be stuck with Sky. If VM is reliable for you then I would stick with them, depends how much you need £8 each month.
The £8 wouldn't be missed, just a pack of fags lol, its more when I sit here thinking over a year I'm spending £96 for more speed and wondering if paying for something not using.

I think I will stay put with virgin, better the devil you know.

If you're out of contract with Virgin worth cancelling and seeing if retention's calls back. My uncle currently gets 200MB and Mix TV for £32 a month!

I'm with sky fibre we get upto 40 Meg havnt really had any problem with iptv ect kids on online games phones tablets ipad ect only real problem I have is that my WiFi on phone drops off when I go to bog lol and they gave me sky q router which only has 2 ethanet ports and I pay £38 a month including phone line when everyone on network it's still decent but that's just my opinion

Stick with VM mate if you ever get a problem in your area with any of their services log into your account on service status and if theres a fault showing take a screen shot of it and ring them up and get throught to retentions and ask for a discount because you work from home etc.
Last year when they were doing upgrade work i complained about 5 times and got £10 knocked off my bill everytime lol but this year its only been down once so not made much money back :(y)::grin:

Considered this loads of times and always come to the same conclusion, stick with vm, not worth all the hassle for a few quid. Recon I'll change if the tv goes down.

Back