Satellite Switching Scene select on tv with box changing to channels

swampy47

Is it possible to make my zgemma box change my TV's "Scene select" with the auto setting when watching different channels thru sky.... like sports and movies ?
as my tv has this "scene select" thing and its on auto and changes the picture settings between movies and sports

Like when i'm watching normal tv with the inbuilt freeview tuner on the Tv itself ..... it automaticly changes the "Scene select" to movie when I watch a movie .

hope i made some sense , Its just I have to manualy change the screen scene select myself with using the box and its a pain

thanks

the tvs a sony 46w905

Not sure this is the right part of the forum post this message please move if not ..thank you

yeah mate tried that ,
last night I looked on another box I have in a different room with a sony tv official virgin box and that werent doing it ... same as mine no "auto scene select"
Its pain as I like the auto scene select when changing from movies to sport, ...

I downloaded the plugin called "Autoresolution" last night and have that running now, seems pretty good , I read somewhere that its best to change the 4:3 to "pillarbox" and 16:9 set to "letterbox" instead of scale and think its bit better now for the picture but not really sat down and tested it yet

I also read that with autoresolution its best change the sd settings to 576i for a better picture quality in sd

Box is running fine though ;)

autoresolution :) has made my picture so much better , I've not watched SD tv just HD at the moment.

also forgot to say... I'm setting the "refresh rate " to "multi" has made it better.

the hd picture looks so much more stable now , the refresh rate looks good nice and smooth.
I could notice it straight away before that it was flickering ...most noticable when the picture screen was moving....so much smoother now :willy nilly: I notice this alot as I've had really good pc monitors over the years with crt, and now have a top eizo montior

with using the autoresolution setting does this mean my tv's doing the upscaling not the zgemma box?

really happy with the hd pictures now motogp looked great today :)

Back