Table Lamp

Jethro

TK Veteran
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me what causes a golf ball bulb virtually exploding when it has gone, when it happens it almost hits the ceiling, would it be wrong type of bulb or fuse in the plug, it's happened twice now and it's a little dangerous, any info appreciated thanks.

What amp fuse in the lamp as should be fitted with 3amp fuse builb not in connector properly cheap b&m bulbs never heard of them shooting out tho

Cheap lamps would be my first thought,
What type of lamp is it,? LED, halogen, tungsten etc,,,
If it's halogen do NOT touch it with your bare hands, similar to a car headlight lamp it creates a weak spot on the glass that can cause premature fracture once hot.

Lamps glow
Bulbs grow
;)

All I can tell you m8 it's a wilkinson s80 3yy lamp with a 5amp fuse in if that helps ??.
A common UK plug is generally fitted with a 3A or 13A fuse. Plugs for appliances rated up to about 700 watts should have a 3-amp fuse (coloured red). For example: 3A Fuse – Table lamp, standard lamp, television, video, computer, mixer, blender, fridge, freezer, power drill, jig saw, soldering iron.

We have had it a couple of years without any fuss, I imagine it's the bulb I'm using as it's only just started to play up, it's either try a lower watt bulb or bin it, that's no problem m8.cheers anyway.

Back