Take image from Zgemma and put on new one ?

StrawDog

TK Veteran
hey chaps,

Got a Zgemma myself and just bought one for me mate, he's in Birmingham, so, plan was just to copy my image over and then when he gets it he can just re-tune to his area......

Can i do a complete backup of mine and then install it on the new one so i don't have to set it up all from scratch again?

So take the image VIA FTP and then....

ftp this zip file to /hdd/imagebackups
(create the folder if needed)
menu
setup
vix
image manager
blue to restore

Is that the best way to do it?

Thanks

EDIT:

Got my back up...so looks straight forward..... Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.021 sucmnsee full! Backup 02.12.2015

Last edited:
Hey StrawDog,

If you didn't know sucmnsee has released a new version of his image, for H2.
Yes you can do a back up of your settings then restore them on your mates box.

Also you could set up the service searching settings to his area.
So if your setting him up for cable or sky, simply change settings in autobouquetsmaker & the tuner settings to his area. So it will be a plug and play so you dont have to talk your mate through setting it up.

Good Luck

awesome! that's a good idea! and thanks for the info on the new image.....

I might just whack a copy of mine on to his box and it's all set up....... much change in the images?

And do it via the FTP method above?

Got my full back up "Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.021 sucmnsee full! Backup 02.12.2015".rar

P.s he'd still have to do a scan no ?

Last edited:
There is a couple of changes, nothing major though, channel numbers have been added,
yes the ftp method can work.
I think he would have to scan first time but that is literally going into autobouquetsmaker then start scan, then it will find channels then sorted. That would be the only time, if you set up auto scan on the channels & EPG.

Yes very important that you take your line details out of your mates box, if your going to restore the backup from your image.

Thanks guys on it. :)

Where do i backup settings..... can't find it....

Last edited:
OK guys...got the image on.....couldn't do the settings as says "not compatible" any way...new issue......will make new post

have a read here

Last edited:
Back