Taking payments Contactless / moving from paypal (Robbing barstewards!)

StrawDog

TK Veteran
Right, just looked at my statement from paypal, and I think I'm being "fleeced"
some 2.5% per transaction as well.

£41.89 Fees
£62.23 Transfers
£166.32 Currency Transfers (for people who have paid me from abroad)

Total £270.44

A4.5 Percentage-based fees (such as 2.90%) refer to an amount equal to that percentage of the payment amount, which (unless otherwise stated) is charged in the currency in which the payment is received.

A4.6 Fixed Fees for Commercial Transaction payments and Personal Transaction payments (unless otherwise stated) are based on the currency in which the payment is received, as follows:

11-11-2019 18-29-54.jpg

11-11-2019 14-13-53_LI.jpg

according to the next best thing to sliced bread is a company called "Izettle" with a fixed flat fee of 1.75% no matter what card a person uses.....if this is true, paypal fleece the merchant!

Last edited:
I have to say, I agree with you, PayPal are robbers, I dont sell, I buy, but on occasion, there will be a refund, and its charging on every transaction.
I find the revolut card brilliant, if I owe someone a few quid, look up their number in my phone, convert to their currency, and send.
No fees, and a reasonable currency conversion (far better than PayPal).
TIP: If buying in a different currency, let the card provider do the conversion, it can save as much as €3 on a 30/35€ purchase.

thanks, the fee classed as " £166.32 Currency Transfers (for people who have paid me from abroad) " is my customers from abroad paying by card here in the UK.

Back