Talk Talk detecting Iptv smarters and slowing speed down.

ASHHBI

TK Veteran
Ive just been informed this by a friend.
Using android box with iptv smarters pro.
With talk talk with max 70mbps (he averages between 30 Mbps and 50 Mbps depending what time of day)
He noticed it was slowing down to under 10mbps.
He Phoned Talk Talk and they told him there is something wrong at his end and they sent out an engineer.
He was checking out the android box (my friend told him he was having problems watching films on it)and noticed the Iptv smarters app.
He was told that if Talk Talk notice any streaming through certain apps they slow the speed right down.
I’ve never noticed any posts on this.
Is the engineer talking bollocks?

I think all ISPs do it with domestic customers, to varying degrees
its called
fair usage policy

Yes I understand the fair use policy. Not sure what Talk Talk policy is.
It was the fact he specially mentioned the using of iptv smarters pro that talk talk would slow it down.
He also said to overcome it he would need a vpn.

Yes I understand the fair use policy. Not sure what Talk Talk policy is.
It was the fact he specially mentioned the using of iptv smarters pro that talk talk would slow it down.
He also said to overcome it he would need a vpn.

to start with
why was this telephone guy even looking at his streaming box.?
all they do is check the speed of the incoming line, after that its not their problem.
2nd, they are mostly just cable monkeys that dont have any sort of clue how it really works, yes, you do get the odd decent guy, but not usually.

if they see you constantly hogging bandwidth on a congested network they will throttle your speed, they all do it, its an automatic setting on the network.

They use iptv for all there normal TV. I suppose eventually they would go over the usage policy.

They use iptv for all there normal TV. I suppose eventually they would go over the usage policy.

its not simply a usage policy,
as I said,
if they see an IP constantly hogging bandwidth on a congested network they will throttle a normal domestic connection no matter how much usage,

Back