Tamperproof screw old telewest junction box

liamt

TK Veteran
Hi guys hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. In work we have to take these boxes off the wall but can never open them up to screw them back into the wall an have to snap the screws off to they are flush and glue them in place with some fast setting glue. today I ordered a screwdriver:

Click to open expanded view Stanley Fat Max Screwdriver Torx Tt10X75Mm-Black/Green

its way to small does anyone know what size it will take before I order the wrong one again?
this is a picture I found online of the screw

Untitled.png

didnt even think if that Paplo, just ordered them then so will update for anyone else who wants to no. the t10 I got was tiny so doubt a t20 would fit I think its going to be more around the t40 mark. but this time next week we will all no :)

Attachments

• torx screw.jpg
    torx screw.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
  • fastener-screw-nut-torx-bolt-png-favpng-bt7FWqPW51RvNqeJ1QRg6uKH1.jpg
    fastener-screw-nut-torx-bolt-png-favpng-bt7FWqPW51RvNqeJ1QRg6uKH1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Abu is right, you need a female nut spinner / socket but I can't remember what they are called or what size they are .
We used to use those security screws when I worked for BT on payphones.

Another wrong kit purchased

Looking at the photo again tells me it needs the splines on the outside of the screwdriver bit not the inside,and is there the shaft up the centre to make it tamperproof?

Last edited:
Im a bit late to the party,
but,
if anyone else is stuck you can usually remove those screws using a pair of sidecutters, (y)

Back