TCL TV anyone any experience?

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I'm in the process of insulating and decorating our living room and that seems a good excuse for a new tv, as we're living in the back room at the moment we have been using the small 36inch old tesco tv we have in there which is on the way out, ie needs retuning every time you turn on etc. So thinking put the existing tv from front room, samsung curved 49 inch in the back room and then get an android TV for the front, doing away with the need for firestick etc.

While searching I stumbled accross the TCL 65C825K on ao. I've never heard of TCL until now and the few reviews of TCL I've seen are good, they are aparently new to the UK but popular in the US although most of their models use Roku rather than Android so I was wondering if anyone here has seen on in action. It looks like a good price for the spec and I don't want to pay the price big brands want for similar tv's

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/

TCL TVs 2021: The new models​

NOTE: Amazon's TCL TV listings use slightly different model numbers to those listed on TCL's website

Starting at the top and working down through the range, the TCL C825K is a work of near bezel-free beauty, available in 55in and 65in variants. At the time of writing, the 55in model is not available, but the 65in set costs £1,299. Being the big gun, it’s a 4K LCD with a Mini LED backlight, a Quantum Dot layer, 100Hz refresh rate, Dolby Atmos and a 2.1 channel Onkyo sound system. The full suite of High Dynamic Range formats is supported too: HDR10, HDR10+, HLG and Dolby Vision.

You can expect the picture on the C825K to be the brightest, most vivid and accurate of any TCL TV in 2021. It’s unclear quite how well-specced the C825K is for gaming, however. TCL says it has “Full” HDMI capabilities and will be capable of delivering the Variable Refresh Rate and Auto Low-Latency HDMI 2.1 next-gen gaming features. 4K at 120fps capabilities are mentioned on the official product page, yet the panel refresh rate is capped at 100Hz.

Wouldn’t touch a tcl android tv as I read all bad reviews that was last year tho.
depending on your budget I would look at Sony Bravia android tv or have a look on ao.com I got a 55inch android tv for £400 hitachi from Argos and a 58 inch non android tv for £350 from ao.com

I bought a TV from AO.com a few years ago that went kaput oustide of the 12 month warranty (I think around 18 months) and they replaced it without quibble so wouldn't worry too much about the 12 month warranty.

I bought a 70 inch Philips Android tv at the start of the Euros, from Argos, great tv for £800, it was on sale from £900, I would highly recommend these tvs, great sharp picture quality, no need for a firestick any longer as all aps go onto the tv, lots of other features too.

I bought a 70 inch Philips Android tv at the start of the Euros, from Argos, great tv for £800, it was on sale from £900, I would highly recommend these tvs, great sharp picture quality, no need for a firestick any longer as all aps go onto the tv, lots of other features too.
Easier with one remote for everything

Have you tried a factory reset or update bud could be an app that’s causing it clear cache and data on all apps
It's been doing it since the last software update. Will have to google it at some point.
I haven't installed any extra apps on it, I use a Fire TV Cube for Netflix etc.
Do you have to clear cache for every app individually?
I might just remove all of the apps that aren't absolutely necessary.

EDIT: This is my problem so will try it SONY BRAVIA KD55S8505CBU telly crashing

Wouldn’t touch a tcl android tv as I read all bad reviews that was last year tho.
depending on your budget I would look at Sony Bravia android tv or have a look on ao.com I got a 55inch android tv for £400 hitachi from Argos and a 58 inch non android tv for £350 from ao.com
I've read user feedback about their roku tv's but finding user feedback on their android tv's is hard work, have found a few article/reviews including the one @Willo3092 pasted above which all appear pretty good

I've had a PM from a user on here who says he's got 3 TCL tv's and more than happy with them.
Sony Bravia android tv gets my vote every time

I was thinking though for the specs, if paying what i consider big bucks for a TV I want to get as good specs as I can, qled with mini backlights is meant to so much better than LED.
I have one of these and has been faultless except Alexa she wants to be configured quite often, l have deleted her but she only comes back, think she needs a good seeing too.:laughing:(y) :- JVC LT-50CF890 Fire TV Edition 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Amazon Alexa

I'm thinking I wan't Android OS purely bacause I think it would give more apps etc,

Last edited:
Panasonic do a great TV can't go wrong with a veira.
I've been looking at the Xiaomi mi TVs quite impressive for the price if you can get one in the UK.

I'm in the process of insulating and decorating our living room and that seems a good excuse for a new tv, as we're living in the back room at the moment we have been using the small 36inch old tesco tv we have in there which is on the way out, ie needs retuning every time you turn on etc. So thinking put the existing tv from front room, samsung curved 49 inch in the back room and then get an android TV for the front, doing away with the need for firestick etc.

While searching I stumbled accross the TCL 65C825K on ao. I've never heard of TCL until now and the few reviews of TCL I've seen are good, they are aparently new to the UK but popular in the US although most of their models use Roku rather than Android so I was wondering if anyone here has seen on in action. It looks like a good price for the spec and I don't want to pay the price big brands want for similar tv's
I have one in the Kitchen mate (only a 32", don't know what model), I just bought it to replace a fekin mobile phone screen that we had on the wall to watch the Euros when we had family over, (when we were allowed) it is not watched regularly, but when it is, it does the job, I have no complaints, it even runs Tivimate, plays Spotify etc without any issues connected to a TP Link home plug.

Back