Techkings Helps The Homeless - Take A Bow!

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
As you all know, there have been three raffles to help me with my work with the homeless of Dublin. SEE HERE.

20190218_204723.jpg

My personal work runs in parallel with my volunteering to drive the Tiglin.ie bus that has been refitted with tables and chairs for the homeless guys and girls to come in out of the elements and enjoy a cup of tea, coffee, or soup and a sandwich, maybe even some biscuits and crisps.

FB_IMG_1551376744280.jpg

I had raised €1320, and spent it on putting together sets of hats, gloves, scarves and socks for both women and men. When HT heard of my work, he offered to do some fundraising here at TechKings.

I again went out and bought 60 sets, and turned my house into a sweatshop and bagged them all up.

20190216_134308.jpg

FB_IMG_1551140077259.jpg

FB_IMG_1551140100286.jpg

FB_IMG_1551140064543.jpg

I also believe that a little dignity goes a long way with these men and women who, through various circumstances have ended up living on the streets. To this end I will be putting together "dignity packs" which will consist of a packet of baby wipes, a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and a deodorant. I spotted a bargain recently in one of our supermarkets and bought 60 packets of wipes, and will pick up the rest of the bits shortly.

Every cent of your money has gone directly to the cause that you intended it to go to, and the receipts are available to anyone who wants to see them.

Take a bow TechKings, many thanks from myself, and the homeless community who have benefitted from your generosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with Pablo a few quid each week fortnight month goes along way to helping those in need there could be service men and women out there who have just been thrown to the lions and wheelo and his charity work is probably helping them aswell as the vulnerable that have been made homeless through no fault of their own and such warm felt people like @wheelo who actually do give a damn about what is happening around us all the time and @HiTeck with his generous offer to help raise funds a brilliant cause and every other forum people need to take note and see we all should support great causes long may us all help and support

Well done @wheelo looks like what you have done is going to make a huge difference to peoples life and i personally know what thats like with having aspergers all my life and to know there are people out there like yourself willing to help is so good and a million kudos points to ya mate :(y): and lets not forget all the mods and great people on here who go out of there way to help others on here when needed which makes Techkings no1 forum by a country mile in my eyes:emoji_(y):

Well done to Wheelo and his fellow volunteers, giving so much valuable help to those that are in dire need of it, wonderful work that cant be praised enough. Also so good to see so many Techking members taking part in the draws and donating money in general, well done to everyone.

Without being glib, or condescending, the most valuable gift you can give is time - failing that, if you have a few quid spare, give it to someone you know who will get it directly to where it is needed.
When you realise the size of the problem, and how simply some people fell into homelessness you just can't sit back and do nothing.
If I'm honest, if it weren't for the fact Tiglin needed a bus driver, I'd probably not be aware of the extent of the problem.

Only came across this thread today.

Firstly as a Muslim we are told always to give what ever you have to charity and for those who are need.

In this day and age unfortunately there are quite alot who only care about themselves and feeding their own stomachs when there are those who are starving to death, have no shelter, who have nothing.

It makes me sick in this day and age how governments etc can allow people to be homeless instead of helping them.

It breaks my heart seeing poverty everywhere and knowing how helpless such people are.

I have been really unwell for long period of time and have suffered serious financial hardship over recent years but one thing always sticks with me and hurts so much is how people out there are even worse off than me when no way in hell that should even be the case in the world today.

Whatever I have I always give to charity, no matter muslim or non muslim. As every one in my eyes is equal no matter race, creed or religion. I do try my best to also help those in need but I dont do the amazing work you do wheelo.

My full respect to you wheelo, may god bless you for everything you do for those in desparate need. You know what they say about karma and wheelo my friend you only deserve good karma.

As the weather has been lovely, there was no need for the hats, gloves, etc. So I decided to put together little packs containing baby wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, a bottle of water, a packet of mints and a couple of pairs of socks.
I had some money left from the Techkings raffles, so that is how I was able to do 60 individual packs. I also got wind of a special offer on 6 packs of crisps, so I bought 50 of them.

IMG_20190813_160518.jpg

IMG_20190813_160518.jpg

IMG_20190813_161239.jpg

IMG_20190813_160024.jpg

IMG_20190813_160016.jpg

IMG_20190813_175331.jpg

I have posted this on my Facebook page
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10220957570314947&id=1411847345
Thanks to all who contributed so generously, both here at TechKings and via Facebook.

Amazing work Wheelo mate.

As another poster said it is disgusting how the government don't do anything for the less fortunate. If they did as they always love to claim there wouldn't be people homeless and on the streets.

Very few and far between people like you Wheelo in this world. In a world where it's all about me me me and just feeding their own pockets as much as they can.

Keep up the great work mate and may God bless you with good karma for everything you do. You deserve it mate.

It's not for the recognition that it is done, I just wanted everyone to see where their money went.
It has been an absolute Godsend, and the people who receive them get a little dignity back, as they have a chance to clean up without being harassed by staff in pubs, restaurants and shopping centres.

Back