Technetix HDU 200\400 powered splitters

ASHHBI

TK Veteran
Has anyone had any experience/feedback on these splitters.

When looking to buy a HDU 200 the prices ranged from £6.99 to £30.00.(ebay)
My concern is are they copies out the hd200?

The HDU 400 averages around the £45 mark so these seem ok.

Thanks

Just had a look at my hdu 200 it looks exactly same as a cheap £8.99 one listed on ebay. I didnt buy mine it was fitted by vm when i requested all new cabling due to the age of initial installation years ago.Never heard anyone mention coming across a cloned one but it does seem a tad suspicous when the price is so low compared to the others on offer so would be good to know if there is clones on offer for sale :oops:

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does look suspicious. I stick to the rule of “if the price looks too good to be true then it usually is” I’ve learnt that from past experience.
I might just buy the £6 one just to have a look.

I got the 200 from eBay for £19.99, has the Vermin Media logo on it and it does the trick in regards to curing picture pixelation

Bought the hdu 200 off ebay for £6.99. Has all the virgin logo and paperwork. Was a bit worried as others were selling for a lot more.
Works a treat. No more glitches on channels.
Bloody bargain price if its sorted ya problems happy days :(y):

Bought the hdu 200 off ebay seems to be ok
set it up in less than 10 minutes.. :smiley:

Last edited:
with HDU fitted
ChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel ID
1​
299000000​
2.9​
40​
256 qam​
21​

without HDU
ChannelFrequency (Hz)Power (dBmV)SNR (dB)ModulationChannel ID
1​
299000000​
-1.5​
40​
256 qam​
21​

not much difference...

Yeah not too much difference i was in same boat with mine but the signal was useless running 2 e2 boxes and a tivo without one fitted.
They more or less just stabilise the incoming signal and power to run extra equiptment rather than boost the incoming power which really in all honestly can only mainly happen on the tiers in the street exchange cabinet if that makes sense.

modem keeps going offline, ive reported it to vm
also was told the H7 have a poor tuners, which is wrong because mine seems ok

What modem do you have ? I have the supercrap 3 one it was terrible when i first got it because the packet data set up on it wouldnt allow my V8 golden box to connect to it in the first few months and then VM rolled out a new firmware update which eventually let the box connect thank god.
Sounds like you may have an intermittent fault on it and its not uncommon.
My lad has had about 4 of them because of constant dropouts on his xbox and ps4 etc.

Its about time they bought out a modem that has realtime timeout logs on them etc and they claim that the new wifi update is self diagnosing YEAH rite i will believe it when i see it with my own eyes ffs.
Ive given it a nickname of Ford Mondeo TDCI you either get one that runs fault free forever or one thats a total pile of crap ffs lol.

Back