technomate tm-nano-se m2 plus

i upgraded from an amiko mini combo hd to technomate and the difference is night and day.
good quality box, fast processor (not as fast as some but quick enough), remote is decent and you can put 7 day epg on it.
i got mine supplied from WOS ready flashed with openvix and with built in 500gb hdd, it records one hd channel whilst you watch another with ease, but i have heard it struggles if you want to record 2 channels whilst watching another.
set mine up from scratch using this top tutorial - how-to-set-up-an-e2-combo-box-with-vix-image.

Right funds in place and ball about to roll
WOS for technomate set up with built in hdd
Got a nice fellow member giving me a free line for a trial
Will I need a laptop/PCs ???
At present only got iPad
Can I add iptv ? With iPad
Cheers guys

Whats your budget? I just bought a vu+ uno 4k and its a cracking box. FCB tuner which means you can record/stream/watch upto 8 channels at the same time with just one input cable.

Whats your budget? I just bought a vu+ uno 4k and its a cracking box. FCB tuner which means you can record/stream/watch upto 8 channels at the same time with just one input cable.

not been funny but why would u want to record 7 channels why watching one at same time??
you do know most things are repeated to death on sly/cable.

not been funny but why would u want to record 7 channels why watching one at same time??
you do know most things are repeated to death on sly/cable.

Maybe struggling to take all the adult channels in . So filling 32tb of storaGe up for when his box stops working lol

Because 3 of the tuners are used to stream to other tv's in my house through my network. So I don't have to pay out for extra boxes and a line for each box.

Hi all

I have a couple of quick queations about this box.
Does the above technomate record and allow you to eatch another vm channel with only one input cable feed supplied?

Also it can house an internal hdd i believe. What would be an ample size for most regular users 500gb?

I have been thinking about getting one of these too. Although i only have one cable feed to the room at the moment

Thanks in advance :)

The Technomate does not split the signal like the Vu as it does it internally. All you need to do is use a different splitter and run from cable to both ports on box and 1 to router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

I have a couple of quick queations about this box.
Does the above technomate record and allow you to eatch another vm channel with only one input cable feed supplied?

Also it can house an internal hdd i believe. What would be an ample size for most regular users 500gb?

I have been thinking about getting one of these too. Although i only have one cable feed to the room at the moment

Thanks in advance :)
I'm no techo but I think you just get a splitter pal
Also yes hdd can be added . Size upto you how often you record ? / keep recordings
Just too add the vu+ does it all from one cable = 1 for pro but hdd is external 1 = con

Last edited:
The only problem with splitters on cable is you lose signal power when you split and can quickly get problems. That's another reason the vu+ box is a better option for me.

i've got the satellite version - its a good box although i have nothing to compare it to

as far as enigma2 goes a lot of the experience is down to the software

the remote is a bit rubbish though, i am replacing it with a one for all control - but to be fair i think a lot of these boxes have rubbish remotes.

to be fair its actually rarer to find a really well designed remote control than a well designed one - even with well known makes and kit.

i personally find the SKy remote control quite good. i like the buttons at the bottom and navigation at the top - whereas the nano has them the other way round.

open vix itself is also quite difficult to navigate at first because there are so many options and menus to go through.

i swapped my 2 way splitter for a 3 way when i started (one to router, one to tivo box and one to technomate) and picture quality is excellent on both boxes and never have any problems, make sure you get a good quality one.
dont get a 5-1000mhz one, get a 5-2300mhz one

Back