GrogBuild telnet to enigma2 box, at remote location?

mrafc

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Is it possible to telnet onto a enigma2 at another location?

I have a friend who doesn't have a laptop, I kniw howto telnet onto my own box on my own network using putty/ftp. I guess it would be blocked by the router at the remote location, as it would reject incoming connections? If I could log onto his box, I could install plugins etc that are not in his download feed. He's not got laptop to flash a new usb build, like grogbuild etc.

I have grogbuild on my box, think he just has a standard build on his box. Any ideas?

He would need to have a static IP or his IP linked to a dns account and ports forwarded in his router to achive this but yes it possible.

Is it possible to telnet onto a enigma2 at another location?

I have a friend who doesn't have a laptop, I kniw howto telnet onto my own box on my own network using putty/ftp. I guess it would be blocked by the router at the remote location, as it would reject incoming connections? If I could log onto his box, I could install plugins etc that are not in his download feed. He's not got laptop to flash a new usb build, like grogbuild etc.

I have grogbuild on my box, think he just has a standard build on his box. Any ideas?
I do it all the time for members on here struggling with boxes.You will need to use teamviewer and get him to install it on his phone if need be and you install it on your laptop then you can connect like you would at home through teamviewer

teamviewer is the safest option, he could set up port forwarding so hisIP:22 forwarded to his box then you could telnet but then it leaves him open to possible attacks and its not recommended

teamviewer is the safest option, he could set up port forwarding so hisIP:22 forwarded to his box then you could telnet but then it leaves him open to possible attacks and its not recommended
That is exactly the method i was refering to and would use (y)

That is exactly the method i was refering to and would use (y)
the problem is for those not net savvy they don't put in enough security. It wasn't long ago you could google openwebif or something and gain access to peoples boxes as they set up port forwarding and didn't password protect openwebif, you could have fun turning their tv over and sending messages to their tv screen etc. for a hacker an open telnet port is so esasy to find

Last edited:
Ye right ho :LOL:
Ran a 28e card on a debian server for years cost of card split between 5 family members.

To keep on top of the server id connect to it from work for reboots if needed via telnet and FTP.

Its not rocket science all that was needed was a dns account free back then to keep your ISP IP upto date and ports 21/23 forwarded to the IP of the server . You would connect via the dns account address on putty or filezilla.

Why the ho comment ive no idea.

Thanks for ideas ,guys, I'll setup TeamViewer, he would need to have putty installed on his phone aswell?

Ran a 28e card on a debian server for years cost of card split between 5 family members.

To keep on top of the server id connect to it from work for reboots if needed via telnet and FTP.

Its not rocket science all that was needed was a dns account free back then to keep your ISP IP upto date and ports 21/23 forwarded to the IP of the server . You would connect via the dns account address on putty or filezilla.

Why the ho comment ive no idea.
the difference is your debian server would have had a firewall or some kind of security, tv boxes don't making them an easy target for setting up dos attacks, leaking server info an stuff like that.

Thanks for ideas ,guys, I'll setup TeamViewer, he would need to have putty installed on his phone aswell?
yes, any software you would use on computer he would need on his phone as basically you are taking control of his phone to access the box, personally I find connecting to teamviewer on phone/tablet from a laptop a nightmare to navigate but that's probably just me

the difference is your debian server would have had a firewall or some kind of security, tv boxes don't making them an easy target for setting up dos attacks, leaking server info an stuff like that.
I realise that mate.

No longer CS that way but setup exactly the same way to my enigma 2 boxes just run firewall in my router . Find it handy to set timers etc from web interface.

and that is where the issue lies, not many will have firewall set up on router, yes it's fine for those who know what they are doing but for the rest its highly discouraged

and that is where the issue lies, not many will have firewall set up on router, yes it's fine for those who know what they are doing but for the rest its highly discouraged
In that case ports could be opened by the owner of the router work carried out by remote user and then owner of the router closes the ports.

You need to weak in knowledge not to be able to do this, even my brother can do it and im surprised he can wipe his own backside :LOL:

Back