The 2009 Golf Thread

Very nice shot Franco.

With the abundane of courses out your way do your partake in said sport?

I haven't played recently. :(

my only handicap is my swing.lol.we have maybe 20 or so good courses withing an hours drive so lots of choice.this is only my second year at it so ive lots to learn.bottom line is i love it.

Aldan, i started six years ago and fell in love with the sport immediately. The best advice i can give is don't try and swing too hard. Work on the mechanics of your swing first, then worry later about putting some power behind it.

Enjoy the sport for it's truly one of skill.

A bad day golfing is still better than a good day at work.

I played 18 yesterday on a very nice course about 35 minutes from where i live. I was shooting ok...not great but not bad. Total for the day...102.

I shot the back 9 better than the front. I should've hit the driving range first. lol

fantastic..a golf section..just broke my best at the local municipal last week..took 4 years to shave one shot..but worth the wait...79..is now 78...:rock on:

I've had a 78 before...problem was it was on the front 9. lmao

Sounds like you're a very good golfer Tobytyke.

great advice about the swing 7th. I've been playing just over a year now, the more I play the more I enjoy it. slowly improving.I a 24 handicapper .Hopefully I knock a few shots of that this summer.

Managed to work in 9 holes today after work.

Shot a 40 on the front nine of my (closest) local course.

It was my first time using my new driver. A Cleveland Hi-Bore 9.5 degree driver. Overall, the 'sweetspot' on the driver is more narrow than a cheap driver, but well worth it when hit properly.

Sounds like you need to give me 'STROKES' there laddie... :)

I've played more the last 6 weeks than I did the previous year!! New career and all gives me more time to play and the weekends are free now so sneaking out on Saturday is easier now with NO work and a loving bride. :grin:

I won't say what my last round was as to keep from upsetting the gentleman above me.... heheee. :p

Actually played yesterday in a scramble with some friends... 2 of us can break 80 and the other 2 would have problems breaking 100 by the rules of golf. lol. Anyway we shot -14 and didn't sniff a prize. :( 52, 56, 57 were the winning scores..... the 52 is unbelievable on the course we were playing... :eyebrow:

Actually played yesterday in a scramble with some friends... 2 of us can break 80 and the other 2 would have problems breaking 100 by the rules of golf. lol. Anyway we shot -14 and didn't sniff a prize. :( 52, 56, 57 were the winning scores..... the 52 is unbelievable on the course we were playing... :eyebrow:

Using pencils with erasers on their scorecard, or the famous 'foot-wedge' eh? :eyebrow:

Just hit BING.COM for some pix... nice little one here. ;)

temenos-golf-course.jpg

I've played here once... it's incredible.. :) I shot 89 before I got where I could break 80!! :grin:

PoppyHillsgreen.jpg

Played today!!! Finally broke par for the first time in a year or so...NOT that bid of a deal on the course I was playing but I got up and down like a magician today!! :grin:

7th... you there?? :flowers:

Firstly, beautiful pictures there my friend.

Secondly, shame on you for rubbing a great round in a poor-players face. lol

Well done buddy.

I'm hoping to get a round or two in before the cold stuff officially hits my way.

Finally found the perfect putting course... now to use the correct putter. :)

2275763341_47c90845a2.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Been playing a lot lately.. Hitting it better than I have in a few months maybe a few years and just haven't gotten that "consistancy" back that I once had... One round at about 80 then I dip down to 73 or so... I'm very close but just have to rid meself of the occasional OOPS... ;)

How is all the other fine folks doing??

---------- Post added 11-09-2009 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-08-2009 at 11:49 PM ----------

Poor girl has eye problems!!! ;)

13387-content.jpg

Back